Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 02:36 PM

Re: Microwave ovens

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No never mind Pixie Knuckles. I'm just getting in touch with my inner moron again.
Oh....ok.

*stands aside*
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Microwave has to be the most useful and versatile appliance in the kitchen, ours is used all the time..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Microwave has to be the most useful and versatile appliance in the kitchen, ours is used all the time..
I have to disagree with you on that Barry.....

I'm the most useful and versatile appliance in the kitchen....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I use mine daily for a whole host of things.
Absolutely 100% agree with both posts.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I have to disagree with you on that Barry.....

I'm the most useful and versatile appliance in the kitchen....
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 07:05 PM

I use mine several times a day every day. For jacket potatoes, heating leftovers, heating milk, making cakes, porridge and custard, heating beans for toast, cooking frozen veg, the list is endless.
Don't know how I'd manage without it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
we use ours less and less as time goes by. These days we only really use it to heat up leftovers or unfinished coffees. (not tea) even with leftovers they are not that much good. A curry or stir fry is ok but that's about it. They either make things soggy and soft or rock hard. i am fussy about my cooking and i like natural heat - preferably gas.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 07:38 PM

I am not that keen on them because they take up too much room on the worktop but l do have one because they are very useful.
Mine is a Panasonic Combination microwave and is great for doing jacket potatoes in around 11 minutes or more depending on the size.
I eat the skin on the jacket potato because that’s where the vitamins are.

I use it for making porridge, scrambled eggs, warming meals, refreshing loaves of bread to make them like new.
I use it for making custard, white sauce and sometimes, gravy.

I warm plates in there and defrost some frozen food if l am in a hurry.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I use mine several times a day every day. For jacket potatoes, heating leftovers, heating milk, making cakes, porridge and custard, heating beans for toast, cooking frozen veg, the list is endless.
Don't know how I'd manage without it.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not that keen on them because they take up too much room on the worktop but l do have one because they are very useful.
Mine is a Panasonic Combination microwave and is great for doing jacket potatoes in around 11 minutes or more depending on the size.
I eat the skin on the jacket potato because that’s where the vitamins are.

I use it for making porridge, scrambled eggs, warming meals, refreshing loaves of bread to make them like new.
I use it for making custard, white sauce and sometimes, gravy.

I warm plates in there and defrost some frozen food if l am in a hurry.
I fall into the "useful" category, too .....

Main meals are (mostly) still cooked using the oven and hob but, for everything else, if it saves time and washing up then the microwave is first choice .....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh....ok.

*stands aside*

I am referring to a previous post of mine.About a stress relief technique.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top