Join for free
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 12:15 PM

My Octopus Teacher - Oscar Nomination

This is definitely a must watch documentary. Filmed on the tip of Africa - Simons Town, The Western Cape

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 12:39 PM

Re: My Octopus Teacher - Oscar Nomination

I saw that, Minx, and thought the cinematography was stunning! It was the one thing that makes me want to go wild swimming this summer
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 02:07 PM

My Octopus Teacher is one of the most remarkable documentaries I have every seen; it stays with you!

Once, in the Seward, Alaska Sea Life Center, I witnessed an octopus living long enough to be swimming in a cloud of her little ones. It was perhaps the most beautiful bittersweet thing I've ever witnessed with my own little one running around my feet. I am not sure I've ever had such a profound sense of admiration for any one creature.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 02:59 PM

Thanks Minx. I will watch that.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 03:24 PM

It is without doubt the most moving wildlife documentary I have ever watched. Astonishing to witness the relationship building between a human and an octopus. Definitely deserving of an Oscar.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I saw that, Minx, and thought the cinematography was stunning! It was the one thing that makes me want to go wild swimming this summer
Get your snorkelling on!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-03-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
My Octopus Teacher is one of the most remarkable documentaries I have every seen; it stays with you!

Once, in the Seward, Alaska Sea Life Center, I witnessed an octopus living long enough to be swimming in a cloud of her little ones. It was perhaps the most beautiful bittersweet thing I've ever witnessed with my own little one running around my feet. I am not sure I've ever had such a profound sense of admiration for any one creature.
What a special event Surfermom and you got to witness it!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-03-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
It is without doubt the most moving wildlife documentary I have ever watched. Astonishing to witness the relationship building between a human and an octopus. Definitely deserving of an Oscar.
It was a very moving documentary. Just a nomination is an awesome feat!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-03-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Minx. I will watch that.
You’ll enjoy it! I promise!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top