Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:36 AM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

We should all take a minute to remind ourselves just how useless Ursula Von der Leyen was at procurement when she was German Defence Minister.

The sheer incompetence of this bunch of clowns in breathtaking. They are even calling the vaccines produced by private companies that are based in EU member states, "the EU vaccine"...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:12 PM

The EU has dug another great hole for themselves with the vaccine export ban. Pfizer in Belgium is required by contract t o send at least 90% of its production to the Pfizer plants in the USA for bottling. The EU ban is preventing this. Even if the EU relented and allowed the bulk export, once it reached the USA, Biden's vaccine export ban comes into play and ... the EU are back in shit creek.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:27 PM

I do wish our government would abandon all pretence that the EC are in any way willing to be partners with us. They are not. They are our competitors in every way. They are not "our friends" and our government really should get down and dirty with the EC and cut the pretence.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I do wish our government would abandon all pretence that the EC are in any way willing to be partners with us. They are not. They are our competitors in every way. They are not "our friends" and our government really should get down and dirty with the EC and cut the pretence.
I agree. They were never our friends when we were in it and they certainly are not now.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 10:04 AM

I am with you 100% as I have always been against any partnership with mainland Europe, even though I am married to a Swede. I voted to leave in the 1st referendum as I did in the 2nd and I am convinced that some of the many that did vote to remain 1st time have lived to deeply regret their decision.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I am with you 100% as I have always been against any partnership with mainland Europe, even though I am married to a Swede. I voted to leave in the 1st referendum as I did in the 2nd and I am convinced that some of the many that did vote to remain 1st time have lived to deeply regret their decision.
Haven't seen a single posting, on here, from one of the Remainers, admitting that they had been wrong!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 10:52 AM

Listening to radio 4 this morning, the Pfizer vaccine we get is manufactured in Europe but some of the component parts are sourced in the UK and any attempt by the EU to limit supplies to the UK could be met with retaliation by the drug company themselves.

Astra Zeneca UK make 2 million doses of vaccine a week in the UK and while not a huge amount that supply is pretty secure.

Valneva vaccine which is being made in Scotland should become available within weeks .

Moderna vaccine is due to arrive from Spain but we only have a small amount of that on order so it is not a big consideration. .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 11:17 AM

Yes , l agree !
It's becoming obvious that Boris is dead set on a BRINO BREXIT !
I'm beginning to have doubts about Lord Frost as well ?
In fact 80% of this government STILL don't believe in brexit despite
what they signed for after the election !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Listening to radio 4 this morning, the Pfizer vaccine we get is manufactured in Europe but some of the component parts are sourced in the UK and any attempt by the EU to limit supplies to the UK could be met with retaliation by the drug company themselves.

Astra Zeneca UK make 2 million doses of vaccine a week in the UK and while not a huge amount that supply is pretty secure.

Valneva vaccine which is being made in Scotland should become available within weeks .

Moderna vaccine is due to arrive from Spain but we only have a small amount of that on order so it is not a big consideration. .
Regarding the Pfizer vaccine:

"Exclusive: Pfizer warns EU to back down on Covid vaccine threats to UK

Drugmaker warns Brussels that UK has power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials shipped from Yorkshire"

"Pfizer and BioNtech are understood to have warned EU leaders that production at the main vaccine factory in Belgium could "grind to a halt" within weeks if the UK moved to prevent deliveries from crossing the Channel."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ockade-threat/

Germany's own BioNtech warning the EU that their vaccine farce could lead to dire repercussions.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Regarding the Pfizer vaccine:

"Exclusive: Pfizer warns EU to back down on Covid vaccine threats to UK

Drugmaker warns Brussels that UK has power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials shipped from Yorkshire"

"Pfizer and BioNtech are understood to have warned EU leaders that production at the main vaccine factory in Belgium could "grind to a halt" within weeks if the UK moved to prevent deliveries from crossing the Channel."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ockade-threat/

Germany's own BioNtech warning the EU that their vaccine farce could lead to dire repercussions.
Zaphod, this fact is clearly lost on Ursula von der Leyen

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top