Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:06 PM

Re: Global Capital Is Leaving Europe For the UK!

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I do think that the newspapers might get around to the idea that copying really good articles, to others, might well produce some new buyers, for that newspaper.
Yes, they could be a little short-sighted in that respect but it's all down to getting and keeping advertisers, the life-blood of many if not all publications. Advertisers don't like to see potential buyers of their products getting round seeing their advertisements. Plus of course the newspapers also need income from people buying and reading their publications.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:09 PM

Re: Global Capital Is Leaving Europe For the UK!

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I do think that the newspapers might get around to the idea that copying really good articles, to others, might well produce some new buyers, for that newspaper.
To be fair, it wouldn't really encourage me to subscribe. I would have to give up too much of my time reading the damn paper every day, so as to justify the £2 a week

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top