Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:23 PM

Re: Vaccine Passports

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But! But! But!...Being vaccinated doesn't mean that you can't bring covid into the country, or spread it......
I would have thought that a negative test would be more appropriate...
But ..... a negative test when .....? A week before, on the day, on arrival ..... and which test .....? polymerase chain reaction (PCR), lateral flow device (LFD), antibody .....?

Getting vaccine passports sorted is easy compared to establishing international test protocols ..... currently, testing is a requirement for some countries and some travel/holiday providers, and may be incorporated globally on a digital passport at a later date .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:33 PM

Who said vaccination only lasts for 6 months? Maybe because OGF is anti vaccination I remember he said in a previous post.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:30 PM

I'd rather travel with a vaccine passport than having some untrained idiot shoving swabs up my nose every time I step on an airplane .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:56 PM

Vaccine Passports aren't new. I have one issued by the WHO which has pages for Smallpox; Yellowfever; Cholera; and a page for 'Other'.

The first entry was made some months after I was born and was regularly stamped every time I came back to the UK.

In the centre pages is another Certificate of Revaccination for Yellow Fever issued by the Ministry of Health and stamped with the origin and batch no. of the vaccine (I had the "Wellcome 2779" batch! - also two other Certificates of Revaccination - for Smallpox - issued by the DHSS.

These were always carried inside passports - and were always inspected on entry into other countries. It was absolutely normal.

Why anyone would make a fuss about carrying such a small document - but with such huge significance - is a mystery to me!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Who said vaccination only lasts for 6 months? Maybe because OGF is anti vaccination I remember he said in a previous post.
https://www.scotsman.com/health/how-...ations-3100946

Quote:-

On 10 January, Professor Devi Sridhar, chair of public health at Edinburgh University, told Times Radio it was not yet clear how long immunity lasts for, and “to get to some sort of true herd immunity, you’re looking at [vaccinating] 80-90% of the population, which even with our current roll-out would take you into next autumn.

“We need to make sure at that point, the people who have been vaccinated now still have immunity,” she added. “We have to continue roll-out, keep saving lives through protecting vulnerable people with that.

But she said the strategy of relying solely on the vaccination of the most vulnerable groups is “highly, highly risky”, especially “with all the new variants and mutations.”

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told MPs on 7 January that people may need to have a coronavirus vaccine every six months, but said he believed England’s third national lockdown would be the last that was required because of the vaccines.

“There is absolutely no doubt that vaccines and testing will still be a feature next year,” he told the Health and Social Care Committee.

I anticipate we will probably need to revaccinate because we don’t know the longevity of the protection from these vaccines. We don’t know how frequently it will be, but it might need to be every six months.”

The Health Secretary also told Sky News it was “highly likely” there will be a “dual-vaccination programme” of flu and Covid-19 for the foreseeable future.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:12 PM

So how does this professor know something no-one else knows? He is just guessing so best ignore what he says
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So how does this professor know something no-one else knows? He is just guessing so best ignore what he says
Not just the professor realspeed, it's what Matt Hancock said...It's a known fact that immunity from the vaccine won't last too long. Like the flu vaccine, there will have to be different vaccines created each year for different strains. Didn't you read the bit about joining the two vaccines together and giving both vaccines at the same time?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:45 PM

Hi

It matters nothing what we think.
It will be the carrier's who make the decision.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
.Didn't you read the bit about joining the two vaccines together and giving both vaccines at the same time?
Ugh I really don't fancy that...a veritable cocktail of stuff
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-03-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It matters nothing what we think.
It will be the carrier's who make the decision.
Unless it's made compulsory Swim....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top