Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 02:11 PM

Re: Hot cross buns

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hot cross buns
Hot cross buns
One a penny
Two a penny
Hot cross buns.
We sang this rhyme in primary school. Nice memories
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I like them but they don't like me cinnamon gives me indigestion no idea why but I have a pal who has the same problem so I'm not on my own.
I’m sure you can get the ones without too much cinnamon in. We have different types in South Africa. In my opinion, Woolworths makes the best hot cross buns with various options. I prefer the traditional - why mess with perfection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A05F8191-84F3-4116-9FAB-DDCC304F462C.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	15125

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-03-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Never mind Summer, I will eat your share whilst you get on with the house move!
I’ll join you Twink
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 10:52 AM

Every year l used to make Hot Cross Buns but by the time the dough had proved, then formed into shape, left to rise again, then baked, it was time to go to bed!
On a hot day, my friend would put dough in the car to prove. I also read, you could use the microwave but l have never tried it.

These days, l buy either Waitrose Richly Fruited or Co-Op Hot Cross Buns they are both nice.

I would never buy the new modern versions of them chilli, choc chips, orange ones.
They aren’t proper traditional Hot Cross Buns to me!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Every year l used to make Hot Cross Buns but by the time the dough had proved, then formed into shape, left to rise again, then baked, it was time to go to bed!
On a hot day, my friend would put dough in the car to prove. I also read, you could use the microwave but l have never tried it.

These days, l buy either Waitrose Richly Fruited or Co-Op Hot Cross Buns they are both nice.

I would never buy the new modern versions of them chilli, choc chips, orange ones.
They aren’t proper traditional Hot Cross Buns to me!!

I agree.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top