Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 01:52 PM

Re: Pritti ups the ante !!!

Originally Posted by judd ->
i see that already the `yuman rites` solicitors are complaining. Nothing to do with the illegal immigrants of course, all to do with their loss of revenue.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 02:11 PM

Just a smoke and mirrors diversion.

Most have a good idea what she really means.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Just a smoke and mirrors diversion.

Most have a good idea what she really means.
She's waiting for the next reshuffle.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Sorry Donkeyman, but I'm not sure what storyline you're referring to. Can you provide a link?

Edit - belay that request https://uk.yahoo.com/news/priti-pate...223000065.html
Hi Dex, politics live on BBC

DMan!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 02:25 PM

Sorry Donkeyman, but I'm not sure what storyline you're referring to. Can you provide a link?

Edit - belay that request https://uk.yahoo.com/news/priti-pate...223000065.html
Oh sorry Dex failed to belay due to slow reactions !

Dman 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

24-03-2021, 02:43 PM

Am curious about the logic being applied by these:

Enver Solomon, chief executive of the Refugee Council, accused the Government of “seeking to unjustly differentiate between the deserving and undeserving refugee by choosing to provide protection for those fleeing war and terror based on how they travel to the UK” and claimed the plans could undermine the country’s traditions of providing protection for people “regardless of how they have managed to find their way to our shores”.

Kolbassia Haoussou, of Freedom from Torture, warned the proposals could see most of the people the charity helps become “criminalised”, adding: “These unreal proposals make it clear that this Government isn’t serious about improving lives and creating a fair asylum system.”

Mike Adamson, chief executive of the British Red Cross, branded the changes “inhumane”.

He said: “We should not judge how worthy someone is of asylum by how they arrived here.

“The proposals effectively create an unfair two-tiered system, whereby someone’s case and the support they receive is judged on how they entered the country and not on their need for protection. This is inhumane.”

If someone who is desparate knocked on my door asking for shelter for the night then their request would be viewed in a different light compared to someone who broke in and claimed squatter's rights.

So, what's the difference?

I am surprised by the red cross viewpoint Dex?
But the rest of that lot are part o f the immigrant industry that's
sprung up in UK, mostly composed of the legal profession

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

24-03-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that already the `Yuman Rites` solicitors are complaining. Nothing to do with the illegal immigrants of course, all to do with their loss of revenue.
Exactly Juddy !!

Dman!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 02:47 PM

For what it's worth, my view is that anyone whose first act in their attempt to seek asylum in the UK is to break the law ought to be deported immediately and have no chance whatsoever of being able to apply legally. This is simply a consequence of their decision making process.

The only problem then is to determine where to deport them to!!

AIUI that is indeed the difficult bit but is in the process of being resolved.
Other countries return illegals so I'm sure that it can be done, it's really just a case of whether or not the government are prepared to accept the inevitable condemnation which will arise once any proposal is suggested.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

24-03-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

AIUI that is indeed the difficult bit but is in the process of being resolved.
Other countries return illegals so I'm sure that it can be done, it's really just a case of whether or not the government are prepared to accept the inevitable condemnation which will arise once any proposal is suggested.
Exactly that Zaphod !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that already the `Yuman Rites` solicitors are complaining. Nothing to do with the illegal immigrants of course, all to do with their loss of revenue.
My thoughts exactly Judd.

I was very happy to read on the Beeb's text service about Pritstick's actions last night however, as I said to V, it wouldn't be long before the bleeding hearts lot got involved and started to bang their drums.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top