Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Re: camcorder, fix or throw?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Let's face it 3D is a fad that has come and gone since the early days of cinema, it has never lasted and just reappears when all the previous attempts have been forgotten.

Throw it, that camcorder is just a waste of space in all dimensions.
I have to say that I agree.

It's outdated technology which is why I don't have one any more, like my bluray player that hasn't been used in over two years.
Unless it's for semi-professional use there really is no need for old tech like that nowadays as even a modest phone will produce at least equal imagery and recordings in many cases.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:46 AM

just been looking at a load of newish camcorders and this one seems to fit my needs after quite a bit of spec reasearch

Panasonic HC-VXF1EB-K 4K Video Camera

would have preferred the

Panasonic HC-WXF1 4K

but looks as if out of production or not available in the UK

also looked at the Sony ax53 with 4k

this video is in french but does side by side comparison. I think going by this video the panasonic is sharper and has more colour and more stable when moving/walking. Also produces a wider field ov view in close up (thinking about Vlogging)
a

The sony once you set for example the shutter speed all other settings go auto on that.

The Panasonic still allowes individual camera settings

Another thing i noticed in those videos check out the zooming in on the cat, the Panasonic focuses a bit faster than the Sony when really close up

I did read that the sony if panning the floating "gimble" within the camera takes a bit of time to settle down as it floats more

you certainly have to do quite a bit of research on the models avalable

I would welcome others thoughts on these two which i am considering getting one of them as they are the same price more or less
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 07:45 AM

RS, I think you are emotionally attached to that device, and are finding it hard to adapt to a throw away society, where a person can find it hard to fully understand one version of a technology before the next version is thrust upon them. You keep that little wonder of its time just as long as you feel the need to, there is a limit to just how much "Definition" a Human Being can take.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:54 AM

The camcorder I have at the moment has been with me to so many countries, From Brazil to China and many countries inbetween and served me well.I do tend I do tend to be a keeper ,still have my Voigtlander VitoCL I had as a 21st birthday present well over 50 years ago.
I was thinking more of getting a newer camcorder so it is steadier when walking along.
the little compact i recently purchaed is great but has its limits such as no facilities for a mike or earphones to name but 2.
those camcorders have either a hot or cold shoe depending on make

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top