Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:37 PM

Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6.

I occasionally buy Walkers crisps but they keep going up and up. A packet of crisps is nice with a sandwich now and again.
Quite a few times now, l have found the small bags partially open, as if they are not secured properly in the factory and the crisps inside are soft and stale. I have informed Walkers but it still happens.

Instead, l have been purchasing own brand Salted Potato Crisps x 6 and these vary in quality and taste.
Waitrose, Tesco’s and Sainsbury’s are nice but Marks and Spencer’s and Morrison’s aren’t nice. The M&S ones were the worst.

So, l wondered if you could recommend any own brand or similar crisps?
Do you stick to Walkers and wouldn’t dream of buying own brand crisps?
I only like Salted Crisps, not flavoured. Maybe cheese and onion at a push!
I used to love Oxo and Beef crisps years ago.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:44 PM

Re: Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6.

I usually buy 6 packs of Tyrrell's lightly sea salted from Sainsbury's. The last lot I bought cost £1.25/pack I think. In all the time I've been buying them, I think I've only had 1 or 2 packets that haven't been sealed properly but, even then, the crisps were still crisp and fresh.

If I can't get Tyrrell's then I buy Kettle lightly sea salted in 5 packs for the same price.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:45 PM

I like crisps now and again too...Seabrooks are nice and flavoursome (even the seasalt ones) and I buy hula hoops sometimes - they are quite salty.. Do you remember the Salt'n'Shake crisps they use to have, with the little blue packet of salt that you could salt your own? I can't recall who made them, but they were nice.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:49 PM

I used to like Hedgehog Crisps:

I rarely eat potato crisps nowadays and would never buy "own brand" but sometimes I buy:

and add my own salt (very little) .....
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I like crisps now and again too...Seabrooks are nice and flavoursome (even the seasalt ones) and I buy hula hoops sometimes - they are quite salty.. Do you remember the Salt'n'Shake crisps they use to have, with the little blue packet of salt that you could salt your own? I can't recall who made them, but they were nice.
Smith's Crisps, Pixie. They're made by Walkers these days. The last time I ate a packet of Seabrooks crisps was when I last gave blood
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Smith's Crisps, Pixie. They're made by Walkers these days. The last time I ate a packet of Seabrook's crisps was when I last gave blood
Ahh thank you Percy! Smiths!

Trying to work out the connection between Seabrooks crisp eating, and you giving blood?

* It has been a very long time
* I ate the crisps to prevent me passing out after giving blood
* Crisps make my blood pressure rise

*Delete/Add as appropriate
Percy Vere

25-03-2021, 04:11 PM

Ahh thank you Percy! Smiths!

Trying to work out the connection between Seabrooks crisp eating, and you giving blood?

* It has been a very long time
* I ate the crisps to prevent me passing out after giving blood
* Crisps make my blood pressure rise

*Delete/Add as appropriate
The vampires give you a choice these days between various biscuits or crisps, tea, coffee, drinking choc, various squashes or plain water after you've donated your armful

It's been 2 yrs since I last donated. I stopped because my GP told me I was borderline anaemic after a routine blood test.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

25-03-2021, 04:18 PM

The vampires give you a choice these days between various biscuits or crisps, tea, coffee, drinking choc, various squashes or plain water after you've donated your armful

It's been 2 yrs since I last donated. I stopped because my GP told me I was borderline anaemic after a routine blood test.
Aww, sorry to hear that! Hope you are getting back to regular iron levels now! My daughter is anaemic and gets prescribed iron tablets from her GP.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:24 PM

I usually buy 6 packs of Tyrrell's lightly sea salted from Sainsbury's. The last lot I bought cost £1.25/pack I think. In all the time I've been buying them, I think I've only had 1 or 2 packets that haven't been sealed properly but, even then, the crisps were still crisp and fresh.

If I can't get Tyrrell's then I buy Kettle lightly sea salted in 5 packs for the same price.
Percy, I will have a look at those that you suggest. They are nice crisps but they can be very hard to bite!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Pixie, I occasionally see Seabrooks crisps. Are they from Poundland?
I don’t like Hoola Hoops!
Yes, l remember the little blue bag of salt that twisted at the neck.
l remember if you didn’t distribute the salt evenly, some crisps would be too salty and some with none on them!

When l was very young, occasionally we would shake some vinegar into the bag too but you had to eat the crisps quickly before they went all soggy!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top