Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 12:54 PM

vaccinated patients are reporting relief from Long Covid symptoms

Some good news about the vaccine for those who have been suffering debilitating Long Covid symptoms.

From the article below :
"It is possible that the persisting virus in long COVID-19 may be at a low level — not enough to stimulate a potent immune response to clear the virus, but enough to cause symptoms. Activating the immune response therefore is therapeutic in directing viral clearance,"

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...er-vaccination

"Coronavirus 'long haulers' feared they would never recover. Then they got the vaccine"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...e-it/100023114
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:00 PM

Re: vaccinated patients are reporting relief from Long Covid symptoms

Great news, God knows it is needed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Some good news about the vaccine for those who have been suffering debilitating Long Covid symptoms.

From the article below :
"It is possible that the persisting virus in long COVID-19 may be at a low level — not enough to stimulate a potent immune response to clear the virus, but enough to cause symptoms. Activating the immune response therefore is therapeutic in directing viral clearance,"

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...er-vaccination

"Coronavirus 'long haulers' feared they would never recover. Then they got the vaccine"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...e-it/100023114

Thanks for that Annie, l will now phone my friend who is still suffering
from long covid and see if she has been vaccinated, last time we
phoned she hadn't !!

Donkeyman ! 👍👍
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:57 PM

That is very good news for all of us!
If the vaccine is helping those who have suffered long term with covid, then I assume it is also helping those who have avoided the infection, so far!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 02:12 PM

Brilliant news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Wonderful news!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:50 PM

Wow, that really is such good news! There is light at the end of the tunnel for many LC sufferers at last.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:58 PM

What a strange virus the corona virus is , I think there are many things we have yet to learn about it and some nasty surprises.

I know a number of people with Long covid mostly in their 40's (one is a child of 7 ) but they are too young to have had the vaccination yet. I hope they are able to do so soon and get some relief from the debilitating symptoms.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What a strange virus the corona virus is , I think there are many things we have yet to learn about it and some nasty surprises.

I know a number of people with Long covid mostly in their 40's (one is a child of 7 ) but they are too young to have had the vaccination yet. I hope they are able to do so soon and get some relief from the debilitating symptoms.
Do you know what the symptoms of LongCovid are Meg? Just curious to know how these are presenting and diagnosed as such , have they been hospitalised or do people assume that’s what they’re suffering from ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Do you know what the symptoms of LongCovid are Meg? Just curious to know how these are presenting and diagnosed as such , have they been hospitalised or do people assume that’s what they’re suffering from ?
Hi Zuleika there are a variety of symptoms many similar to ME with extreme fatigue .
Some information here..
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351
I understand diagnosis is not easy. a number of GPs/doctors dismissed the symptoms at first.
A young woman I know a teacher in her 30s caught C19 from a pupil last spring. She had all the usual symptoms, recovered from some but the breathlessness and extreme fatigue have continued. She can't walk more than a small distance, just getting dressed and downstairs exhausts her .

A friend of one of my grandchildren , a little boy with asthma had C19 last spring . He has never properly recovered and is in and out of hospital .

I know others with Long Covid through my family.

This is a scary statistic...
Data from the Office for National Statistics suggests that 29% of patients who are hospitalised due to COVID-19 are readmitted within six months, and more than 12% die within the same period.
Have you heard of HEAL COVID the drug trial which Cambridge University is starting ....
https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...leave-hospital

I am interested because the trial includes the anticoagulant Apixaban which I already take and a Doctor in my health support group said some time ago that he though the NOACS (new oral anticoagulants) may offer some help for those with continuing C19 to help prevent blood clots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top