Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:11 PM

Re: I Have Only Just Discovered Boz Scaggs...

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know Boz and his wife, Dominique via her publishing work and their micro winery.
Surfermom, That’s impressive! I can’t think why l was never aware of him before.

I feel l have heard, ‘We’re All Alone’ before but wouldn’t know who’d sung it.

PS. I have just played, Sierra. The words are beautiful.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:19 AM

From the film Urban Cowboy ....Look What You’ve Done To Me

https://youtu.be/oI08u7md2TQ
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:25 AM

I know Boz and his wife, Dominique via her publishing work and their micro winery.

My favorite:

Wow!...SM can you please tell Boz that I saw "I'll Be Long Gone"..which some think is called "Make My Life Shine" - doesn't matter - at the movies when I was 18. The Manly Silver Screen Theatre to be exact. It was the first time I had ever heard of him. It was filmed before he was a big star. It might have been at Monterey. Not sure. I remember sitting there feeling my chest swell out and my eyes moistening. It had a profound affect on me. And it inspired me to..." get up..and make my life shine".....Can you please tell him that there is a guy in Australia that will live his whole life in gratitude for that song.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
From the film Urban Cowboy https://youtu.be/oI08u7md2TQ
Thank You, Zuleika. That was such a romantic song. It’s a shame you’re not a bloke, we could’ve had a slow dance!!

It’s funny, you usually have to listen to a song a few times before you get to like it. With all the songs posted so far, there’s been no need to hear them again. I have loved all of them.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 09:04 AM

One of my all time favourites. Beautiful voice. So glad you’ve discovered him

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, That’s impressive! I can’t think why l was never aware of him before.

I feel l have heard, ‘We’re All Alone’ before but wouldn’t know who’d sung it.

PS. I have just played, Sierra. The words are beautiful.
There have been a few versions but most likely you remember the Rita Coolidge version.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 09:19 AM

My favorite:

You’re so fortunate! I’m so jealous!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2021, 08:31 PM

Minx, Thank You for posting that track. Like the others that have been posted, it is really nice to hear it.

I don’t suppose, anyone could post ‘What Can I Say’ so l don’t have to keep googling it!!
Thank You if you can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:34 PM

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-03-2021, 08:37 PM

Art, do you know if you sign in to youtube, you can create a playlist which you can then play on your phone, laptop or TV if you have a streaming stick.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top