Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Re: I Have Only Just Discovered Boz Scaggs...

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Wow!...SM can you please tell Boz that I saw "I'll Be Long Gone"..which some think is called "Make My Life Shine" - doesn't matter - at the movies when I was 18. The Manly Silver Screen Theatre to be exact. It was the first time I had ever heard of him. It was filmed before he was a big star. It might have been at Monterey. Not sure. I remember sitting there feeling my chest swell out and my eyes moistening. It had a profound affect on me. And it inspired me to..." get up..and make my life shine".....Can you please tell him that there is a guy in Australia that will live his whole life in gratitude for that song.
That is a great story that I will definitely put to memory and share whenever I run into him again ! Though I have had coffee with him and friends a couple years ago when he was touring, I haven't seen Dominique since leaving California but chat with her from time-to-time. I remember him telling me about the album when it was recorded in Muscle Shoals, a few hours from here, and one of the Allman Brothers played on the track.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:31 PM

Not sure if I have the title of the song right even...
but "Fly Like a Bird" is one of my favourites of all time

Heard first about 20 years ago, listened to other things from him since
Amazing singer
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Art, do you know if you sign in to youtube, you can create a playlist which you can then play on your phone, laptop or TV if you have a streaming stick.
Longy, You must think l am so rude not to acknowledge you adding the song l requested but l didn’t see it until now. Thank You for adding it.

No l didn’t know about creating a playlist on YouTube.
A caption does come up asking me to sign in but as l don’t know what that entails, l ignore it!
There doesn’t seem to be anywhere to insert a streaming stick on my iPad. I do have an Apple lpod that l used to get music off my tower computer but l think the computer might be on its last legs now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That is a great story that I will definitely put to memory and share whenever I run into him again ! Though I have had coffee with him and friends a couple years ago when he was touring, I haven't seen Dominique since leaving California but chat with her from time-to-time. I remember him telling me about the album when it was recorded in Muscle Shoals, a few hours from here, and one of the Allman Brothers played on the track.
Surfermom, Boz Scaggs might be so impressed by Keezoy’s story that he might even become a member on here!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 08:36 PM

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 08:39 PM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top