Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 09:36 AM

Remember AIDS ???

Does anybody remember the AIDS pandemic?
I never hear a mention of it now ???
Will covid be the same one day ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 09:39 AM

Re: Remember AIDS ???

Doubt it, Covid is transferred in a different fashion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:00 AM

What about that old flesh eating stuff that was going to eat us all alive? What happened to that? Did it eat itself?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:37 AM

AIDS/HIV is still there but thankfully controlled by medication.

I listened to a programme by Dr Van Tulleken on the radio the other day about the origins of HIV , it is though to have emerged in 1916 with soldiers in Cameroon shooting Chimpanzees for meat. Patient zero became contaminated by the blood of the animals and passed the virus on via the brothels . The virus progressed only slowly but as the world opened up with travel and air flights it progressed rapidly.

The corona virus is very different and I believe although we will contain each strain in time. the disease will always be with us and cause some deaths worldwide each year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does anybody remember the AIDS pandemic?
I never hear a mention of it now ???
Will covid be the same one day ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
I think about 33 million people have died of AIDs since the 80s, although it's not easy to find a definitive figure as sources give deaths by each year. It's not mentioned here because it's not so widespread in the UK and we have treatments to extend life. As at 2019 there were 38 million people across the globe with HIV/AIDS. 1.8m were children. 500-970k people died last year. 690k in 2019. The peak was 2004 when 2.9m people died.

It doesn't get big press for political reasons. Also it's not a risk to most people as you don't catch it breathing.

I sincerely hope Covid doesn't kill 33m people over the next 40 years!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What about that old flesh eating stuff that was going to eat us all alive? What happened to that? Did it eat itself?

Necrotising fascilitis. That's from a bacterial infection. I'm always careful gardening in gloves after hearing a woman died from a rose thorn. Actually looking it up quite a few women have died or nearly been killed by their rose bushes!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Doubt it, Covid is transferred in a different fashion.
But the control of it is the same, you just have to put the condom
in a different place ???

Donkeyman! 😄😄👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
AIDS/HIV is still there but thankfully controlled by medication.

I listened to a programme by Dr Van Tulleken on the radio the other day about the origins of HIV , it is though to have emerged in 1916 with soldiers in Cameroon shooting Chimpanzees for meat. Patient zero became contaminated by the blood of the animals and passed the virus on via the brothels . The virus progressed only slowly but as the world opened up with travel and air flights it progressed rapidly.

The corona virus is very different and I believe although we will contain each strain in time. the disease will always be with us and cause some deaths worldwide each year.
Do chimpanzees use brothels then ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think about 33 million people have died of AIDs since the 80s, although it's not easy to find a definitive figure as sources give deaths by each year. It's not mentioned here because it's not so widespread in the UK and we have treatments to extend life. As at 2019 there were 38 million people across the globe with HIV/AIDS. 1.8m were children. 500-970k people died last year. 690k in 2019. The peak was 2004 when 2.9m people died.

It doesn't get big press for political reasons. Also it's not a risk to most people as you don't catch it breathing.

I sincerely hope Covid doesn't kill 33m people over the next 40 years!
So why are we panicking about a bit of flu that only kills old people?
Aids was/is killing the young ones ??
Seems like over reaction to me ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Necrotising fascilitis. That's from a bacterial infection. I'm always careful gardening in gloves after hearing a woman died from a rose thorn. Actually looking it up quite a few women have died or nearly been killed by their rose bushes!
So roses DO grow on you then Annie ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top