Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Re: Remember AIDS ???

Originally Posted by Mups ->
.... and yet the Chinese still were allowed to reopen their vile, filthy meat markets with blood and guts everywhere!
Quite so Mups when will we ever learn from mistakes made...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think Dr Van Tulleken is brilliant Meg, he and his twin brother have done many experiments concerning exercise and diet.

It always comes back to air passengers.....I also think it progressed more rapidly as homosexuallity became more accepted and widespread. Although being transferred by contamination of the blood, it's not unique to sexual activity. But mainly it is, which gives it the name of 'The Gay Disease'...
Yes, Aids was associated with male homosexuals early on, but due to
the discrimination shown to homo's over this the powers that be
discouraged this view ?
Although Aids and covid are transmitted differently, they both attack
the immune system causing the patient to become vulnerable to
other illnesses which they then usually succumb to !
And l agree with you OGF, that large numbers of people flying to
and fro contribute largely to the spread of many diseases !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
AIDs is not a disease but the symptoms. HIV is no longer a death sentence and its effect can be reduced dramatically with anti viral drugs so why would you hear about it any more than other diseases such as Breast or Prostate cancer?

Covid will go the way of the Spanish or Asian flu it will become more infectious but less deadly and our bodies will learn to cope with it.
hat was my question Brucy ?
Why are we worrying so much about Corona when the deaths of
covid are so much lower than the aids deaths, and mainly affect
the aged population, whereas aids killed mainly younger end of
the spectrum? even killing babies !!
Which l suppose could be called the productive sector

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't remember it being called that. Maybe you mean "Gay Plague"? It's an 80s term I think.
You're splitting hairs Annie....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 01:40 PM

(1) The difference is that we all have some immunity to flu but covid is new and until it spreads through the population or we protect ourselves with vaccination then it's extremely dangerous.

(2) It's younger people who have never had heart disease, diabetes and other problems that have been affected OGF. Those who already had those problems got very sick & quite often were hospitalised with great resources devoted to keeping them alive.

(3) It's no point debating this with you because you don't believe in covid. The fact that people who were previously running marathons etc still can't walk up the stairs without a lie down is of no consequence to those whose lives aren't affected and they don't experience it personally so they don't believe.

(4) The disease can attack healthy organ tissue and change the cells so that they are damaged beyond repair. It has damaged muscles, ligaments too as well as lungs. Also attacks the brain. It's a very nasty disease and people still think it's flu....hey ho

(1) I don't think we do have immunity to flu Annie, considering a different strain appears every year. Hence the need for a modified vaccine.

(2) Younger people who develop complications from covid are rare Annie, the BBC searches far and wide to find a young runner that has unfortunately had a bad experience from Covid. Did you know that flu produced the same problems as covid post infection, in fact many people died as a result of contracting flu.... A doctor told my next door neighbour that the flu virus he had in the winter of 2017 and was still displaying muscle weakness and joint pain in June, could remain in his system for up to a year....

(3) There is every reason to discuss it with me Annie, I totally believe in covid and what effect it can have on people, especially the old and those with a compromised immune system. I also believe that covid can be more serious to more people than the flu (hence the high mortality rates) but let's not get carried away by some of the whoppers we see on the internet, the MSM, and especially the BBC. People are unlikely of ever catching covid are commiting suicide and dying of worry from the frenzy that has been caused.

(4) As I mentioned earlier, Flu and the common cold can also produce the damage you have mentioned. Ultimately, Pneumonia mainly....Nobody knows just how prepared our immune systems are until they are put to the test. All we can do is to eat the right things, and avoid catching a virus in the first place. The rest is in the hands of God....And the NHS...

PS:- Just for the record, a runner completing a marathon or any other endurance event will have a severely compromised immune system for a period of time afterwards, and will be prone to picking up many infections and viruses following a run....They would be more susceptible than even someone with underlying illness, until their energy was returned to normal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 02:05 PM

Oh yes we do have some immunity to flu OGF. We are exposed from birth or vaccinated.

It's unusual for flu to create long term problems but you can get post-viral complications from any virus if you are unlucky. Covid's are just far more widespread and severe because it damages organ tissue and it's new. The permanent organ damage means it's not just a post-viral imbalance but creating new conditions in previously completely healthy people who had healthy organs.

Rheumatic fever used to damage heart muscles before we had antibiotics. Then years later you'd need a valve replacement. We have treatment for complications of many diseases these days but it takes time.

Covid has been very quick in spreading and that's why there's a panic. Had HIV spread by breathing we would definitely have been locked down in the 80s because most of the population would have been dead in a few years.

It's not a case of eating right because anyone without a vaccine or prior exposure will definitely catch Covid. You can only look after yourself so that your body is as fit as it can be to fight the disease if you get the severe version. Age is not a protector.

I'm tired of covid denial and I've stopped bothering with friends who go on about it or make light of the effects.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Because it's not flu and it's extremely contagious. Deaths aside, it leaves people with serious health conditions of internal organs that they never had before. Diabetes, heart disease cognitive impairment among others. It changes the structure of cells of internal organs causing permanent damage.
Yes it is highly contagious Annie but NOT highly lethal ?
The long covid you mention!
What percentage of covidees ?? actually get this??
untill you have the data, how can you make a judgement ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes it is highly contagious Annie but NOT highly lethal ?
The long covid you mention!
What percentage of covidees ?? actually get this??
untill you have the data, how can you make a judgement ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I guess people like you wouldn't have believed the titanic would sink until they saw the water inside with their own eyes?

Here's the WHO page on it. Not lethal but ruins lives.

https://www.euro.who.int/en/media-ce...t-led-approach
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Oh yes we do have some immunity to flu OGF. We are exposed from birth or vaccinated.

It's unusual for flu to create long term problems but you can get post-viral complications from any virus if you are unlucky. Covid's are just far more widespread and severe because it damages organ tissue and it's new. The permanent organ damage means it's not just a post-viral imbalance but creating new conditions in previously completely healthy people who had healthy organs.

Rheumatic fever used to damage heart muscles before we had antibiotics. Then years later you'd need a valve replacement. We have treatment for complications of many diseases these days but it takes time.

Covid has been very quick in spreading and that's why there's a panic. Had HIV spread by breathing we would definitely have been locked down in the 80s because most of the population would have been dead in a few years.

It's not a case of eating right because anyone without a vaccine or prior exposure will definitely catch Covid. You can only look after yourself so that your body is as fit as it can be to fight the disease if you get the severe version. Age is not a protector.

I'm tired of covid denial and I've stopped bothering with friends who go on about it or make light of the effects.
Sounds like Brexit to me Annie, not covid ??
Don't you think there is any possibility of media and BIG PHARMA
trying to influence things ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-03-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sounds like Brexit to me Annie, not covid ??
Don't you think there is any possibility of media and BIG PHARMA
trying to influence things ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Perhaps you should have posted this in the politics section?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top