Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:16 AM

Re: Remember AIDS ???

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Not really Annie, the link gives no figures at all??
Only "some" "may" etc which are not much help when looking for
deaths per infections and infections per long covid ratios ??Lt seems all supposition to me ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Nowhere does it state that people affected by long covid (either the 25% or the 10%) are those who have been severely ill in hospital. It clearly states that the severity of your illness is not a prediction of whether you will develop long covid. Mild or severe doesn't matter. Maybe you could provide respected figures to the contrary of the 25% / 10%?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you are a covid denier, because that's not important to people who are trying to rebuild their life when this illness has ruined their health or still mourning loved ones who have been taken by it.

If you feel the way you do no amount of figures confirming that it's really happening will convince you so it's a waste of time discussing with you.

BTW I'm still struggling to see the connection you've made to HIV/AIDs.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Nowhere does it state that people affected by long covid (either the 25% or the 10%) are those who have been severely ill in hospital. It clearly states that the severity of your illness is not a prediction of whether you will develop long covid. Mild or severe doesn't matter. Maybe you could provide respected figures to the contrary of the 25% / 10%?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you are a covid denier, because that's not important to people who are trying to rebuild their life when this illness has ruined their health or still mourning loved ones who have been taken by it.

If you feel the way you do no amount of figures confirming that it's really happening will convince you so it's a waste of time discussing with you.

Not a connection Annie, a comparison ?
In that deathwise, aids was far more deadly than covid? In fact it was
a death sentence if you contracted it !! But there was not the
hooha ?we see now with covid? Although the mortality rate was
far higher and those dying tended to be younger ?
May be because it took much longer to die with aids? I don't know,
But the fuss we see now with covid seems over done imo, perhaps
I should say more, out of proportion to its effects when compared
to aids??
Maybe my veiw is skewed asl was living in Africa during aids and l
could see the growth of informal graveyards everywhere due to
the the drugs price being too high for the average person
to afford, the biggest contributor to controlling aids turned out to
the provision of free condoms and behaviour change??
I suppose living in a western country you were more sheltered from
the the real effects of aids and so have no experience to compare
the the two illnesses??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 08:54 PM

Not that old chestnut again Annie, didn't people die of anything else before covid? What about all the people who have died in previous winters of flu? Still, it makes a good swerve when you run out of things to discuss. In my opinion the only thing that makes covid different from any other virus, is the higher than usual mortality rate. There are no figures describing the amount of infections of other viruses, only the amount of deaths. So how do we know that the infection rates were just as high in previous years with other viruses. I can produce figures to suggest that our local hospital was just as busy in previous years, although not so many passed away.

I also believe that covid is no more infectious than any other airborne virus. Chances are, if you breathe it in you are infected, the idea that you can catch it from surfaces is nonsense. First the surface has to be infected by a covid carrier, second, you have to somehow get it up your nose...
Because Australia have had fewer cases than the UK, and have a very efficient track and trace system, every case in Aus can be traced back to a contact with an infected person......Never a pallet or package.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not that old chestnut again Annie, didn't people die of anything else before covid? What about all the people who have died in previous winters of flu? Still, it makes a good swerve when you run out of things to discuss. In my opinion the only thing that makes covid different from any other virus, is the higher than usual mortality rate. There are no figures describing the amount of infections of other viruses, only the amount of deaths. So how do we know that the infection rates were just as high in previous years with other viruses. I can produce figures to suggest that our local hospital was just as busy in previous years, although not so many passed away.

I also believe that covid is no more infectious than any other airborne virus. Chances are, if you breathe it in you are infected, the idea that you can catch it from surfaces is nonsense. First the surface has to be infected by a covid carrier, second, you have to somehow get it up your nose...
Because Australia have had fewer cases than the UK, and have a very efficient track and trace system, every case in Aus can be traced back to a contact with an infected person......Never a pallet or package.....
Good point OGF !!
As a so called " covid denier" l have just had my second jab !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Good point OGF !!
As a so called " covid denier" l have just had my second jab !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Good man Donkeyman......
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:36 PM

omg you're like two peas in a pod!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2021, 10:27 AM

omg you're like two peas in a pod!
Heaven forbid we might be right Annie....

Anyway, I prefer us to be likened to 'Mangetout' peas are a bit common....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

31-03-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Heaven forbid we might be right Annie....

Anyway, I prefer us to be likened to 'Mangetout' peas are a bit common....
Mangetout ???
What's that then??
Must be some Yorkie variant ?
Pun intended !

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-03-2021, 07:48 PM

Peas are peas! Mangetout is a pea all the same

Now peas have a great deal going for them. They are wholesome and perfect in their own way. However, it's nice to have a bit of variety!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top