Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:27 PM

Re: Email - help needed please!

I have all e mail messages up now but for the life of me can’t see a delete button or a trash can .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I have all e mail messages up now but for the life of me can’t see a delete button or a trash can .
How are you picking up your emails?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:42 PM

How ? PC Windows 10 .
There used to be a square box to tick next to the emails now there isn’t .
Found since my last post that right click on the mouse fetches uo the option to delete .
Lots of people asking I see when I Googled the problem
I have this GMail a/c only as my Outlook emails back up .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:28 AM

How ? PC Windows 10 .
There used to be a square box to tick next to the emails now there isn’t .
Found since my last post that right click on the mouse fetches uo the option to delete .
Lots of people asking I see when I Googled the problem
I have this GMail a/c only as my Outlook emails back up .
I meant which program are you using - Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
Zuleika
North West UK

29-03-2021, 04:15 PM

I’m in Gmail which is my back up account for what used to be called Hotmail now Outlook email account but this is what Google have done https://www.google.co.uk/inbox/
I don’t need to try it ,I’m aldready in ?
Nor do I want all these M features ,just need to start deleting a lot of emails but as I said there’s no delete icon nor a trashcan showing which is what I found other people complaining
about when I Googled a question .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 05:22 PM

You cannot see the rubbish bin if you open the email. It only appears - on the right hand side - of the email inbox list!

Trying to attach photos/documents is a short cut to madness!

Why, oh why cannot they leave things alone!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Not too sure if gmail will be the same on my Mac using Safari as it would on Windows 10 but I have been using this for a while and experience no problems. The box on the left hand of each email in the inbox if ticked will show various icons along the top of that window, including a waste bin for deleting emails. You just tick the box then click on the waste bin icon.

When composing an email there are various icons along the bottom of the window, including the one to attach files / photos. All the various options for composing the email such as bold, italic, underscore, text colour are there too.

Thought this might help, apologies if it doesn't.
Zuleika
North West UK

29-03-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You cannot see the rubbish bin if you open the email. It only appears - on the right hand side - of the email inbox list!

Trying to attach photos/documents is a short cut to madness!

Why, oh why cannot they leave things alone!
My trashbin has still not put in an appearance !Just by chance I rightclicked to the right of a message and a box came up saying Delete , so I clicked on it and it did the business .
As I said earlier I only use that GMail a/c to back up my other account emails. I had over 400 to delete! Forgotten all about it really until this notice about M started.
I was even clever enough tonight to put M in the bottom bar on my PC as a Shortcut ! All pure luck I’m sure .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:30 PM

My trashbin has still not put in an appearance !Just by chance I rightclicked to the right of a message and a box came up saying Delete , so I clicked on it and it did the business .
As I said earlier I only use that GMail a/c to back up my other account emails. I had over 400 to delete! Forgotten all about it really until this notice about M started.
I was even clever enough tonight to put M in the bottom bar on my PC as a Shortcut ! All pure luck I’m sure .
How did you do that?
Zuleika
North West UK

30-03-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How did you do that?
I’ m using Chrome on Windows10 PC so Googled “ how to “ and followed the instructions .
I wrote them down ...

Go to Gmail Homepage .
Choose More Tools from the dropdown menu
Add to desktop
or
Create Shortcut
Click on whichever and follow instructions
M icon should appear
Right click mouse
Pin to Taskbar or drag the icon into the bar.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top