Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:20 PM

Re: Over 70’s Drivers....What Do You Think Of This?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You ran over my foot on a crossing, three days ago.
You'll have to be more specific than that if you want me to recall the incident, Longdogs. Were you the one with the white stick, the one who shouted w***er, or the one who threw a half house brick at me, and also shouted w***er?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
You'll have to be more specific than that if you want me to recall the incident, Longdogs. Were you the one with the white stick, the one who shouted w***er, or the one who threw a half house brick at me, and also shouted w***er?
Ooh it might have been,,,, I can't remember all of it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ooh it might have been,,,, I can't remember all of it.
Well it couldn't have been two days ago. That was the man who was still on the pavement, tying his shoelace. You wouldn't be able to use your computer keyboard had that been you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Motorists over 70 who are in poor health are facing ban on night time driving in a licence shake up. They will only be able to travel up to 30 miles from their home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shake-up.html
I don't know what the fuss is about.

NSW Drivers 75 or over require a medical certificate each year to continue driving, additionally their eyesight is also tested when they renew their licence (every three or five years) though it is part of the medical certificate.

Once a driver reaches 80 they need to take a driving test every year to continue driving trucks.

At 85 every driver has to pass a driving test every 2 years or they have to accept a limited licence for use within 10km of their house.

All that assumes that they receive a medical certificate as mentioned in the first item.

https://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.../licences.html
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:20 AM

I'm over 75 now and still driving, only in daylight hours, and usually local, but when I am out it's the young racers with the loud exhausts who scare the sh--- out of me ...I don't know how some of them passed their driving tests..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 09:10 AM

Night driving is becoming difficult for me so wherever I am I always leave well before dark. I have cataracts but am told it will be at least 2 years before I'm referred . I have tried yellow glasses and they sort of help. I drive a mini and am low to the road and the lights glare especially if its wet . Some car lights actually hurt my eyes especially those really bright ones which shouldn't be allowed.

I think we all know when we feel safe to drive in good or failing health
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I'm over 75 now and still driving, only in daylight hours, and usually local, but when I am out it's the young racers with the loud exhausts who scare the sh--- out of me ...I don't know how some of them passed their driving tests..
Unfortunately nothing is done about them, although I'm sure that not only their speeding but also their removed silencers are illegal.

Police too busy taking the knee to certain people, I suppose.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Motorists over 70 who are in poor health are facing ban on night time driving in a licence shake up. They will only be able to travel up to 30 miles from their home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shake-up.html
I am almost 78 and keep myself in rather good shape, but after both cataracts were replaced with plastic lenses, I do not drive when dusk sets in until it's light again the next day. My night vision is very good, but the oncoming headlights do cause a ring effect in my vision, so I will not drive at night. I have spoken to others who have undergone cataract ops and several have noticed the same effect as me, but most still carry on driving at night so are a hazard to other road users.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:04 PM

The distance limit for the elderly should be set so that they are never more than 15 minutes away from their own toilet. Unless, of course, their driver's seat has been fitted with a commode conversion.
Right on Herbal !! 👍😄👍

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 12:10 PM

The distance limit for the elderly should be set so that they are never more than 15 minutes away from their own toilet. Unless, of course, their driver's seat has been fitted with a commode conversion.
Isn't that what empty cola bottles are for?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top