Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:03 PM

F.A.O. Keezoy

Just look what you have started!

Found this mini rice cooker - cooks just enough for two portions. It is really neat - have put a ruler next to it so you can judge the size. Takes up hardly any space and all it's bits fit neatly inside when not in use. Cooked Chicken and Broccoli Teriyaki rice for my dinner - from the recipe book - and was delighted with the result. The book also includes recipes for cooking soup, pasta, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and banana bread! It is brilliant. Thank you for starting me on this journey!

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:27 PM

Re: F.A.O. Keezoy

Nice!

Though I use mine for sticky rice to make sushi, my favorite use is to make steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon to enjoy in the morning.

Have fun with this and pass the fork!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just look what you have started!

Found this mini rice cooker - cooks just enough for two portions. It is really neat - have put a ruler next to it so you can judge the size. Takes up hardly any space and all it's bits fit neatly inside when not in use. Cooked Chicken and Broccoli Teriyaki rice for my dinner - from the recipe book - and was delighted with the result. The book also includes recipes for cooking soup, pasta, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and banana bread! It is brilliant. Thank you for starting me on this journey!

Nice looking unit. I have mini one similar to yours that I carry in my camper I will take a pic later.

The only problem with the smaller ones is that a small amount of the rice sticks to the bottom of the pot. Actually it isn't really a problem because it cleans off but for some reason it doesn't seem to happen as much with bigger rice cookers. Because I live alone I use the smaller rice cookers ie 5 cup or less rather than 10 cup or more.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nice!

Though I use mine for sticky rice to make sushi, my favorite use is to make steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon to enjoy in the morning.

Have fun with this and pass the fork!
Funny thing - for sticky (glutinous) rice I don't use my rice cooker I steam the rice in a cloth. I only use sticky rice during the mango season to make a Thai desert which is a particular favourite of mine.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Funny thing - for sticky (glutinous) rice I don't use my rice cooker I steam the rice in a cloth. I only use sticky rice during the mango season to make a Thai desert which is a particular favourite of mine.
Any chance of the recipe, Bruce? I love mangoes!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 10:15 PM

Oh my oh my so do I!!!!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 10:38 PM

Woo hoo! Brilliant guys I knew I was on a winner there.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-03-2021, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
woo hoo! Brilliant guys i knew i was on a winner there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

28-03-2021, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh my oh my so do I!!!!
I was taught by my Malaysian friend's daughter in law who is Thai but this recipe is as close as I can find but if you look on YouTube there are several but this one is about right. Despite what she says tinned Mango is crap. I use a cloth and a steamer to cook the rice as she demonstrates, I have a bamboo steamer but not like her's in mine the rice would fall through the gaps.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

29-03-2021, 12:02 AM

I remembered I had previously mentioned my Mini Meal Maker in a previous thread a couple of years ago so you can CLICK HERE to see the original message and photos if you are interested. It is just a tiny rice cooker by another name.

I hope that works.

My usual rice cooker is just a small Kambrook one

I think a rice cooker, kettle and microwave are the basic essential appliances for any kitchen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top