Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Re: Ones Own Health.

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Mups is correct , taking too much Vit D is bad practice .
I know someone who has just stopped taking it , she had a kidney stone caused by calcium building up .

Not if you are lacking in it.....that’s what my op was about, I don’t think she read my post properly.

I am lacking in it, therefore could end up with serious consequences as a result....my own fault.

Read my OP.....lacking in Vitamin D for 3 yrs...

Kidney stones can also be caused through not taking vitamin D,or severely lacking in it, as a result calcium builds up...that’s why I had an ultrasound,to rule out kidney stones, also no damage to my kidneys.

So, NO...Mups NHS information wasn’t right in my case.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
My health is always a priority.
I hope you feel better soon
Thanks, Minx.

A lesson learnt.....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Hope you feel better soon Pauline! I can be a bit bust or boom with my health....if painkillers don't solve it, then I go to the dentist/doctor. Recently my dental treatment went well and I feel better (relieved?) at getting it out of the way.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-03-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hope you feel better soon Pauline! I can be a bit bust or boom with my health....if painkillers don't solve it, then I go to the dentist/doctor. Recently my dental treatment went well and I feel better (relieved?) at getting it out of the way.

Thanks,Pixie, my mother was the same, she nearly died, through ignorance ,she kept assuming her breathing problems were down to other things, she was rushed to the Brompton in London, needing two replacement heart valves, she had it done privately....

I’m not quite as bad as she was..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thanks,Pixie, my mother was the same, she nearly died, through ignorance ,she kept assuming her breathing problems were down to other things, she was rushed to the Brompton in London, needing two replacement heart valves, she had it done privately....

I’m not quite as bad as she was..
Heavens, I hope not!! That's a bit much....! What worries me now is that due to the pandemic, how many people have left their health concerns a bit late, because they didn't want to go to their doctor or hospital?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Hi

I have come home to die, as simple as.

So much which could have been done, so much which was not.

The NHS is a Postcode Lottery, unfortunately I am in a not good postcode.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

30-03-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have come home to die, as simple as.

So much which could have been done, so much which was not.

The NHS is a Postcode Lottery, unfortunately I am in a not good postcode.
Whoa, Swimmy! I have no idea how to answer that which doesn't sound trite. I sincerely hope you are wrong though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-03-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Heavens, I hope not!! That's a bit much....! What worries me now is that due to the pandemic, how many people have left their health concerns a bit late, because they didn't want to go to their doctor or hospital?

I know what you mean, I had a blood test today, I have to book for a fasting one, which I may have to wait over a month for an apt,...

I am waiting for a bone density scan,I received a letter from my consultant ,who will be contacting me in July, I haven’t had the bone density scan yet, talk about confused.

Same with the blood test, that came in the post as well, when I received it, there were no instructions, just a letter addressed to my doctor...anyway,I took it down to reception, because they hadn’t a clue either ,when I tried explaining what I had received over the phone..

Hope you aren’t confused after all that.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

30-03-2021, 05:55 PM

I know what you mean, I had a blood test today, I have to book for a fasting one, which I may have to wait over a month for an apt,...

I am waiting for a bone density scan,I received a letter from my consultant ,who will be contacting me in July, I haven’t had the bone density scan yet, talk about confused.

Same with the blood test, that came in the post as well, when I received it, there were no instructions, just a letter addressed to my doctor...anyway,I took it down to reception, because they hadn’t a clue either ,when I tried explaining what I had received over the phone..

Well....gosh, I'm thinking you have to wait for the blood test results before they decide how urgent you are for the bone scan?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:19 PM

A little ,so gone back to your OP where you say you knew your D level was low . How low was it ... in figures ?
What were you experiencing that you knew you ought to have paid attention to ?
People have gone through their lives never having their level tested ? Many might have benefited however through taking COD liver oil ?
A doctor on YouTube is mystified because he’s showing how us to do a simple Vit D level home kit test then sending it to be analysed . He’s been taking very , very large doses of D and was expecting to show us what a really good level he had . Result ,25 . He was more than shocked I can tell you !

Makes you wonder are these supplements all they profess to be .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top