Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:10 AM

Re: Waspinators

Originally Posted by Meg ->
£16:95

Make a waspinator look alike from grey fabric or spray a plastic bag grey
LOL - not sure that would work - wasps are a nuisance but they are not daft! As long as they stay outside I leave them alone because they do a lot of good. However, if they venture indoors they are likely to be swatted!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
£16:95

Make a waspinator look alike from grey fabric or spray a plastic bag grey

Amazon sell them in packs of 2 for £10.98

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waspinator-...7199661&sr=8-3
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:16 PM

Although wasps can be a pain in the neck (literally), they are one of the best pollinators around. If they're outside, leave them bee
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Although wasps can be a pain in the neck (literally), they are one of the best pollinators around. If they're outside, leave them bee

I do leave them alone if they stay outside Percy, it's just I do not like sharing my house with them!

I react badly to insect bites every summer and sometimes need antibiotics, so Gawd knows what a wasp sting might to do me.

I also worry about them indoors incase the dogs snap at them and get stung. A sting in a dog's throat can kill them if it swells and blocks their airways.

BTW, I have bought a pack of 2 Waspinators today, so we'll see how it goes.
I have read they need to be put up very early in the season, otherwise it is like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted if you leave it till they have started building nests - and the Queens are out looking around already.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Amazon sell them in packs of 2 for £10.98

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waspinator-...7199661&sr=8-3

Thanks Bathsheba.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I nearly got one last year Mags, but left it too late.

I am hoping someone here might use them so I know whether it's worth buying one or not.

They don't harm, or kill wasps, apparently they just think there is already a nest there, so go elsewhere to make theirs.
Oooooo if it means they will bugger off moff to get one , I hate the little evil demons
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oooooo if it means they will bugger off moff to get one , I hate the little evil demons
Me too, they are such evil little show offs.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 05:52 PM

We had two nests at the care home last year, had to call the guy out to come and deal with them, one of the blighters stung me though, I’ve one of these fake nests in my shed, there’s no wasps in there , but I bought it for the summer house, we’ve been in it these past couple of days and we’ve had a couple of wasps flying in to suss out the place, I’ll have to get one for there...
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 06:59 PM

would be interesting to hear of the results of anyone using these, a few years ago i was stung by a wasp and had an anaphylaxis reaction and ended up in hospital, then referred for immunology treatment, which has taken two and a half years to complete, strangely i had my last appointment today, but need follow up checks for a few years yet. If you think these work please post here as and when, thanks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-03-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
would be interesting to hear of the results of anyone using these, a few years ago i was stung by a wasp and had an anaphylaxis reaction and ended up in hospital, then referred for immunology treatment, which has taken two and a half years to complete, strangely i had my last appointment today, but need follow up checks for a few years yet. If you think these work please post here as and when, thanks

That must have been awful for you Macy. You must be very wary of them indeed now.
Thank goodness you got help in time.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top