Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Re: Waspinators

Originally Posted by macywack ->
would be interesting to hear of the results of anyone using these, a few years ago i was stung by a wasp and had an anaphylaxis reaction and ended up in hospital, then referred for immunology treatment, which has taken two and a half years to complete, strangely i had my last appointment today, but need follow up checks for a few years yet. If you think these work please post here as and when, thanks
Goodness that must have been truly scary! And all that time to complete treatment, wow. I had a friend who had a wasp crawl up inside the plaster cast she had on her arm - a small gap had developed between her arm and the plaster, just enough for the wasp to crawl in. Needless to say, in its panic, it stung her and her arm began to swell.

She rushed to A&E to have the cast removed. Thankfully not a very long journey to hospital, only about 5 miles away, so she got there very quickly and got seen almost immediately when they realised the problem! Could have been a lot worse I guess...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Goodness that must have been truly scary! And all that time to complete treatment, wow. I had a friend who had a wasp crawl up inside the plaster cast she had on her arm - a small gap had developed between her arm and the plaster, just enough for the wasp to crawl in. Needless to say, in its panic, it stung her and her arm began to swell.

She rushed to A&E to have the cast removed. Thankfully not a very long journey to hospital, only about 5 miles away, so she got there very quickly and got seen almost immediately when they realised the problem! Could have been a lot worse I guess...

Wow. That must have been scary to have one crawl inside your friend's plaster like that.
Thank goodness she got help quickly.

I remember having one crawl down the back of my shirt once. I felt a tickle and put my arm round to scratch it.
As you would expect, the blighter stung me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:57 PM

Well, I've got two of these things hanging up now, so will let you know what happens.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:13 AM

will be interesting to know what you think
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-04-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
will be interesting to know what you think

Thanks Macy. Will give them a try at least.

Can't imagine many wasps will be around today as it is snowing here this morning as I write!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top