Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 04:29 PM

Re: Horse exports to Japan !!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That doesn't make it right!

I am not totally against meat eating donkeyman, but I am totally against the transport of live animals on long journeys to slaughter.
Me too Mups??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:55 AM

Re: Horse exports to Japan !!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes l agree Ray!
But the horses exported are as young as 2yrs, as l explained,
So not due to die for some time ??
And why the need to fly them to Japan first ?
Why can't they market the meat in Canada ?
Horses BTW are not the same as cows, they are much more highly
strung and suffer from stress etc just like humans !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Young horses are killed for meat here.
There is overproduction and much wastage in the bloodstock industry . These end up as pet foods .
I am a life long horse lover and except they are meat too but it’s the way animals are slaughtered that is so bad .
No animal and cows are sensitive intelligent animals too -should be put through the trauma of travel and the sometimes terrible end that awaits ie the live meat trade to the Middle East it doesn t bear thinking about .
I don’t know how humane slaughter houses are in Japan I am afraid that my perception of Japanese sensibility to animals is based on their gross inhumanity to humans in the past.
I hope I am wrong but doubt it .
The USA also exports many horses to Japan for the same reasons - wastage in the racing industry but even winners can end up their too . Ferdinand who won the Kentucky Derby was sold to Japan for breeding but later when he was of no further use was slaughtered for meat .
The horror of these poor trusting animals who have been treated well in their lives ending it so badly is terrible .
https://www.ezhorsebetting.com/ferdi...rse-sad-story/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top