Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 08:52 AM

Re: A little bit of Cherry Blossom

I agree, it must look stunning, Tiff! You could collect them and make perfume (did you ever do that as a kid with rose petals?) Mind you I don't know what Camellia smells like - I've just checked google on what it looks like, and its very pretty!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 09:25 AM

Cherry Blossom? Did someone say Cherry Blossom?

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree, it must look stunning, Tiff! You could collect them and make perfume (did you ever do that as a kid with rose petals?) Mind you I don't know what Camellia smells like - I've just checked google on what it looks like, and its very pretty!
Camellia doesn't smell Pixie, except when it's decomposing & that is not a nice scent. Most of the dropped petals are from dying blooms.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070944.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	15195  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Camellia doesn't smell Pixie, except when it's decomposing & that is not a nice scent. Most of the dropped petals are from dying blooms.
That's a lovely pic - especially the little rose in the middle. So I take it the blooms don't last long then - similar to Cherry Blossom? (Hence the carpet over your driveway) Ah well, at least we get to enjoy them for a short while
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 12:33 PM

That's a lovely pic - especially the little rose in the middle. So I take it the blooms don't last long then - similar to Cherry Blossom? (Hence the carpet over your driveway) Ah well, at least we get to enjoy them for a short while
It's the Magnolia all over the drive, Pixie. Camellia's are in the back garden.
Magnolia.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070903.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	15197  
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 12:38 PM

Cherry blossoms and apple blossoms are beautiful.
I’m not sure why the blossoms fade each year.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 05:12 PM

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

01-04-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Cherry blossoms and apple blossoms are beautiful.
I’m not sure why the blossoms fade each year.
I don't know either, Bratti? Maybe older trees just don't have the energy to colour the petals anymore...? I read that many CB trees only live for about 20 - 40 years, depending on variety. These trees in my area have been here for at least 30 years, and were a vivid pink when we first moved here, now are just a pale fragile pink.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

01-04-2021, 05:30 PM

Gorgeous photo, Richmond!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
I don't know either, Bratti? Maybe older trees just don't have the energy to colour the petals anymore...? I read that many CB trees only live for about 20 - 40 years, depending on variety. These trees in my area have been here for at least 30 years, and were a vivid pink when we first moved here, now are just a pale fragile pink.
Richmond. Now that is gorgeous. You really have an eye for beauty don’t you?!

Pixie:
Oh. Isn’t that interesting. It could also have some type of disease. Our apple blossom trees got a type of disease and just died but having said that, their blossoms didn’t just fade first. The trees themselves basically just starting dying and within two years, had died. That’s probably not that case with yours.

Gorgeous photo, Richmond!
It’s stunning isn’t it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top