Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 01:58 PM

Dog breeders are raking it in

Puppies are going like hot cakes .
A breeder for wire haired dachshunds says she has a waiting list of 120 people .
I don’t know what they cost but the average dachshund puppy I have seen advertised range from £1800 - £2500 each .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:00 PM

Re: Dog breeders are raking it in

Dog breeders are responsible for huge increase in dog thefts. I hope they are happy with themselves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Not all breeders, I contacted a breeder about a puppy 18 months ago and she hasn't had any puppies since.
Lockdown made it impossible to visit a stud dog or to properly deal with a litter.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:05 PM

I contacted a reputable breeder with the view to buying a cocker spaniel puppy - the price was £2800! Needless to say I didn't buy one.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:06 PM

They are so popular !
There are loads around here and all as mad as hatters.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not all breeders, I contacted a breeder about a puppy 18 months ago and she hasn't had any puppies since.
Lockdown made it impossible to visit a stud dog or to properly deal with a litter.
That's good to know. These are the breeders we should be buying from when all this lockdown mess is over with.

One of the breeders we were considering when we got Murt were charging £1,200 at the time, now, they are asking £4,600.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Puppies are going like hot cakes .
A breeder for wire haired dachshunds says she has a waiting list of 120 people .
I don’t know what they cost but the average dachshund puppy I have seen advertised range from £1800 - £2500 each .
Amazes me...........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I agree Meg.
Not only could they not visit studs, but they couldn't let outsiders in to view any puppies either.

If people only bother to look on the KC website at registered litters, they are very few compared to how it used to be.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are so popular !
There are loads around here and all as mad as hatters.
We have always owned cocker spaniels and I agree they are as mad as hatters but lovely companions too. We lost our last one, Daisy age 13, just before the pandemic and have only recently felt ready to get another one. There are loads of them in our village - in fact I have never seen so many dogs of all breeds around as there are now!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's good to know. These are the breeders we should be buying from when all this lockdown mess is over with.

One of the breeders we were considering when we got Murt were charging £1,200 at the time, now, they are asking £4,600.

That price is worse than disgusting! As long as fools hand over that sort of money, people will carry on breeding more.

What will be interesting to see is, after lockdown and if proper breeding returns to normal, will the prices follow suit?
Bet they don't!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top