Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:53 AM

Re: What does Easter mean to you?

Easter makes me think back to when was 9 years old and living in a boarding school run by Nuns. Of course a great deal was made of it and we all had to dress up in our best school uniforms and walk around the grounds holding up palm crosses.

They hoped that would set an attitude towards Easter for life I suppose but if didn't with me. Not even any Easter eggs now. I do still think of the pain of the man who died on the cross but am not religious in any way now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:01 AM

A memory flash back when I was little

We were 9 of us including mum and dad a loud noisy family of 6 males and 3 females and we were poor , I didnt understand poor because I thought everyone was poor , except when I went into a friends house and it was warm and smelt of nice food and the table was full of goodies I'd like to eat and seemed like Christmas day .

Easter was coming and I thought it was exciting because I had seen beautifully coloured chocolate eggs in the shops something I could only taste on my tongue when my mouth watered and guess how it felt to just hold in my hand and gently unwrap the rainbow of paper .

It was exciting now because it was Easter Sunday and we kids waited in anticipation sitting quietly for once waiting for dad to bring our surprise magnificent coloured eggs , I told myself I would suck the chocolate slowly and hold it on my tongue for as long as I could. Mike was gonna gobble his up then try to snatch mine so I was determined to keep mine for me .

Dads here , hes just walked in to the room grinning and in his hands is a box but the box is small and as I look my heart sinks into my tummy and tears fill my eyes as my mouth trembles

Dad hands me an egg , a chickens egg , with a painted face and smiley lips , he tells me it's ok to eat as it's hard boiled and cold .

Tears drip from my eyes and my brothers cry too but dad is laughing I mean how could he understand my feelings of disappointment and anyway we cant have chocolate eggs because we are poor . I cry , that's why my nickname is boo boo

63 years on the memory is still crystal clear but I smile now and occasionally wipe a tear of love as I remember those long ago times
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:22 AM

Is it Easter?.....

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Don't really give a to$$ about easter other than it's yet another time to buy stupid cards and eat even more chocolate.

As for JC? Well, I like and approve many of the philosophies that have been ascribed to him, but don't accept the faily tale stuff which was made up to add significant credibility to him and led to the development of a religion which killed, maimed and subjugated so many people during its expansion.

Not sure how true the word Easter is connected with the word Oestrogen, but since it does seem to coincide with plants etc starting to grow, then birth and fertility does seem inherent to both.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:42 AM

What does Easter mean to you?

It's best experienced, as a child, in my opinion, as the family joins in, with the "spirit" of things, and makes it a memorable occasion.

Same as Christmas, and all of the other Religious events.

It's still a great experience when, as a Parent, Grand Parent or Great Grand Parent, to get to see the youngsters and watch them enjoy it.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
As a lifelong atheist the religious festival means nothing, but I do enjoy a bit of roast lamb and a hot cross bun...
Same here Barry. I do like chocolate eggs though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:16 AM

Easter doesn’t mean a thing to me now. It was eggciting years ago when the children were younger but that’s all.

Guilty though ...... I still get given easter eggs and find it difficult to refuse them.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:23 AM

Why do they use inferior chocolate for making Easter eggs?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Why do they use inferior chocolate for making Easter eggs?
Probably because they know people will always buy Easter eggs, unless they are very choosy about the make.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:30 AM

I seem to reflect more on the crucifixion at this time...and what Jesus must have gone through, on that cross...the pain must have been unbearable in so many ways, I try not to think about it to much as it upsets my spirit....but it’s inevitable that it does come into my mind no matter what time of the year...but more so at this time that led up to his physical death.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top