Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:54 PM

Re: What can GB plc offer the world?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hope its positive.
If its enough, then it will be
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:55 PM

Agreed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
So, apart from pens, watches, cars, piano's, areo engines, guitars, police drama's, and whisky.....what does GB actually have to offer the world, eh?

I do have a decent pen, don't know where it was made - it came as a freebie with my car. I do have a good watch, an omega (CH) my car is a VW varient, we don't have a piano but would buy Yamaha if we wanted one. Aero engines? Gawd knows but Britain doesn't have the monopoly, Guitars? Nah. Whisky? A matter of taste but my preference for booze is brandy.

What does Britain have to offer? Not a lot. Financial services probably. Unless the stupid Lefties screw that up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Two of the world's top five universities!
Once yes, but no longer. Some good but no longer the best.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-04-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Compassion.
Pfft. That's an encumbrance.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I do have a decent pen, don't know where it was made - it came as a freebie with my car. I do have a good watch, an omega (CH) my car is a VW varient, we don't have a piano but would buy Yamaha if we wanted one. Aero engines? Gawd knows but Britain doesn't have the monopoly, Guitars? Nah. Whisky? A matter of taste but my preference for booze is brandy.

What does Britain have to offer? Not a lot. Financial services probably. Unless the stupid Lefties screw that up.
Oooh, an Omega...nice! Which one?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-04-2021, 10:07 PM

Oooh, an Omega...nice! Which one?
Seamster 120. Not flash, just a plain thing. A few hundred quid bought at LHR duty free terminal three YEARS ago. It's been all round the world with me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Oh dear! I'd keep that one quiet if I were you, or a certain person who used to post on here will keep 'reminding' you of it!

To clarify my intention in buying a VW, it was because we've had one before and found it an excellent car.
Having said that, the new 'infotainment' screen is a pig to get working properly. If they don't do something about it, I won't buy another!

I'd also state that if we British made a car which is comparable (or better), I'd buy one of those next time.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-04-2021, 10:12 PM

Mr P is a watch person, that's why I asked. Nobody wears decent watches these days - its either phones, or those square i-watch things that sync with your phone. I have a Tag, but never wear it. Not because its expensive - its not, its years old....I just can't see the darn thing without getting the specs out, haha!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:16 PM

So, apart from pens, watches, cars, piano's, areo engines, guitars, police drama's, and whisky.....what does GB actually have to offer the world, eh?
Quite a lot - at least in my field. Paper mills, cement works, oil refineries.....

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top