Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 11:49 PM

Re: Would You Go Up To A Complete Stranger In The Street And Have A Discussion?

Before the pandemic, habitually .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 12:01 AM

My frontal lobes have changed sufficiently over the years to largely erode inhibition. So, yes. Am happy to chat with pretty much anyone.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We are not sure here if we are in or out of europe Keezoy??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yeah??..That surprises me. Most people here seem pretty sure that they are out and glad to be. In he biggest picture imaginable the Brits are basically similar to other Anglos around the world. They can be ultra critical but when it comes to the crunch they will usually have your back - as we will have theirs. Western Europeans, if there's such a thing are much more "FU". to varying degrees.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My frontal lobes have changed sufficiently over the years to largely erode inhibition. So, yes. Am happy to chat with pretty much anyone.
I love that...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Before the pandemic, habitually .....

Same here Omah...I chat to anyone...well almost anyone
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:39 AM

How else do you meet people and learn their stories?

Except on airplanes where I confess to having been socially distant before that was such a thing .

(This condition is the result of the trauma I endured sitting next to a drunk man on the tarmac in Chicago for - not an exaggeration - seven hours in a snowstorm while he alternated between hitting on me and singing Christmas carols out of tune. )

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:23 AM

I don’t think I would go straight up to them and start a conversation, I would and do talk to anyone, usually while waiting in line, at the supermarket,chemist, post office, etc.

There are some lonely people in the world, who may see no one all day...I remember as a home carer, the elderly ladies/ men were so pleased to see me on arrival ,they would talk non stop as I was the only person they would see that day, we often had a cuppa if I had time, after I had carried out my personal care duties....I miss that interaction now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:34 AM

No I would not go up to a complete stranger in the street & have a discussion. Why would I want to?

Unless they were doing something wrong of course like not picking up their dog mess. I'd have a good discussion then!!

In general I often make small talk to strangers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:44 AM

I had a chat with a man outside the fish and chip shop yesterday he was so desperate to talk I learned much about his home life in five minutes .I often chat to strangers people tell you things precisely because you are a stranger
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:54 AM

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top