Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:22 AM

Trinity College in Perth Bans the Mullet Haircut

Apparently there is to be no "business in the front, party in the back" for Aussies attending Trinity College.

What is the world coming to?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...8c396cfd268922
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 05:45 AM

Re: Trinity College in Perth Bans the Mullet Haircut

In my school all the bad boys had a DA.I always had a crew cut because I thought I looked like John Glenn.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Apparently there is to be no "business in the front, party in the back" for Aussies attending Trinity College.

What is the world coming to?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...8c396cfd268922
I think it is called 'good taste', Surfermom.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:00 AM

Its understandable, its a Boys School, they don't want the lads looking like little Ladies, that is the thin end of the wedge.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:49 AM

As the ethereal Natalie Imbruglia says..."I'm Torn"....On one hand I believe that it's the strength of character, manners, regard for his fellow students the pride in his school and the work he does in it and for it that a student has is more important than what hairstyle he has. I've seen fine young men..and women.. with outrageous hairstyles, piercings etc that's still, are a credit to their every day state school and fellow students and their manners and behaviour are impeccable. And yet I have seen poncing young "gentlemen" in their Private school finery with $100 haircuts who have the character of a jackal. I can't speak for Perth these days although I myself went to school there. But I can tell you straight that the most diligent, successful, well mannered and well behaved students in Sydney are from the state high schools. And some of the most arrogant and disgusting little low lives go to the most expensive schools in the city.

Mullets tend to be associated with "bogans"..The Australian equivalent of the "good ole' Boys" from the southern US states. The hairstyle goes with the Western Sydney macho image, beer, football, muscle cars and heavy inverse snobbery. Or the South Coast surfing culture of old. Those in the UK will be able to identify a place there that has a similar image. I'll leave that to you. I think the mullet is an ugly, daggy hairstyle. But it's real. Perth as a city is so far up itself it is lonely. It is big, rich, smug and too comfortable for it's own good. It has an overinflated sense of entitlement as a state and as a people. I think those things will have as much to do with this story as anything else.

Now before those of you who live there or have family or friends there jump all over me. I lived there for all my teenaged years and my mother's surviving family are all there. It is a city of 2 and a half million people. Many of them are totally decent like anywhere else. But it has developed a distinct and pervasive "elitist" character since the early 1960s and like many other institutions, the schools reflect it. It's not my cup of tea.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 09:23 AM

I used to love the mullet hairstyle on men, especially if their hair was wavy. (Not waving Goodbye!)

I suppose, schools have to have some sort of principles in place.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I used to love the mullet hairstyle on men, especially if their hair was wavy. (Not waving Goodbye!)

I suppose, schools have to have some sort of principles in place.

Yes I agree 100%. And they must go way beyond haircuts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think it is called 'good taste', Surfermom.
Exactly! They should ban those "hobo" beards while they are at it along with builders' bum and speedos.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

Yes I agree 100%. And they must go way beyond haircuts.
see my suggestions
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:54 AM

Nothing wrong with a mullet as long as it's clean n tidy. I come from a family of people with long hair, both male n female, and if my son got told to have it cut by his school there'd have been hell to pay as both him and I would have point blank refused. Having long hair doesn't affect your ability to learn your school lessons nor do your job.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	famous-mullets_4_frsh3o.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	15220  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top