Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 09:54 AM

Would you though..?

Prompted by the euro millions thread it’s interesting to see how we would all spend the money, seeing our family right, donating to charity ect, but, once the cold hard cash is in your account would you change your mind or at least edit the amounts and people you give it to..? After all money/wealth can do strange things to people, greed is a powerful emotion, I’ve seen people change when they come into a bit of money..so do you think you’d be able to stand by your convictions...?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:08 AM

Re: Would you though..?

I know I would most definitely see my family right. Im not greedy or materialistic. I really would like to give to charities but I.m not sure it would get there unless I started up my own charity , hey there is an idea. Wildlife and animal charities would be my chosen
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:50 AM

Charities are no longer what they once were. Now they are money making enterprises.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:57 AM

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what I'd do with it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:00 AM

Hi

I know exactly what I would do with any big win.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I know exactly what I would do with any big win.
tell Swimmy
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:06 AM

Ive been thinking and am sure you can only give away a limited amount of money because of money laundering , so if i wanted to give my kids a million or so each i dont think i would be allowed . Im sure there are savvy people on here who can enlighten me just in case i do win . I think its only inheritance that is tax free below a certain amount .

So could i give my kids a million each and also my granchildren, my sister too . ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
tell Swimmy
Hi

Kids, some given, some in trust so they don't blow it all.

A trust for Shropshire Mind, paying for rent and staff.

The rest on tall slim blondes, carers, chef, driver etc all in that category.

A keralian nurse and a filipino masseuse.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:18 AM

Not sure what amount you're talking about?..Is it in the millions?..tens of millions?..We honestly have just about all we really need already. Our house is paid for. It needs some work. Maybe $250K worth to bring it right up to speed inside and out. Maybe a new kitchen and up stairs bathroom. I'd do that. We only have one car now. I'd buy a new one. Go and visit all my beautiful family in the US again for a while. See more of the US and Canada and finally get to NZ. Donate a hefty amount to the State Emergency and State Fire Services. More to the wildlife rescue services. Give the rest to my son to stake him for his future. That's about it. The best thing of all would be that my wife could retire. She could now but she thinks it's too soon (She's 58)..We'd love to have her at home all the time. She's a workaholic.Maybe a few mil could tempt her to be a bit more lazy.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:23 AM

Buy gold. Really. It doesn't eat, it doesn't rot, it's always convertible, and there's only a fixed amount of it on earth.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top