Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 12:31 PM

I Used to Be Able.......?

I used to be able to hear the words from songs on the Radio, and sound tracks on the Movies..

I used to be able, to remember where I parked my car, in town, and where that shop was that I wanted to return to.

I used to be able to remember the birthdays, the addresses, the post codes, the anniversaries..

I used to remember to check, on going out, that all the doors are locked, all the lights are switched off, the house is secure.

I used to remember my Bank details, my Passwords, my Car registration.

I used to remember which trousers match which jacket, what shirt is the right colour, where I left my shoes.

But, Hey! I'm still lucky!

I have all my naggers around, to keep me in line!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:32 PM

Re: I Used to Be Able.......?

Hi

Something I am suffering from since last July.

It is annoying and frustrating.

I can no longer lamp the Drug Dealer next door.

So many ambulances here I am now perceived as a Victim.

I am on serious blood thinners, so hitting people is dangerous, it means soft tissue injury to protect myself.

That means eyes or throat, not something I want to do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am on serious blood thinners, so hitting people is dangerous, it means soft tissue injury to protect myself.

Swimmy, clear those nasty thoughts from your head, you have yourself and your heath to concentrate on now.

Any thoughts of violence should not enter your mind as you know it will blow your BP sky high. Look after yourself, you are the important one.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:45 PM

Good thread Ted.

Can't help but wonder if age and experience leads us to the conclusion that many things really aren't important anymore, hence why we don't really keep them in our immediate working memory.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:47 PM

I used to be able to park the car in a straight line.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Swimmy, clear those nasty thoughts from your head, you have yourself and your heath to concentrate on now.

Any thoughts of violence should not enter your mind as you know it will blow your BP sky high. Look after youself, you are the important one.
Hi

Yes you are right and I have come to the same conclusion, it is very good advice, thank you for that.

It still annoys that he is dealing from my driveway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Hi

Yes you are right and I have come to the same conclusion, it is very good advice, thank you for that.

It still annoys that he is dealing from my driveway.
Tell him that you either want a percentage of the take or a hefty discount or both. After all if you can't beat 'em - capitalise from them.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:17 PM

Hi

Apixaban?

Or Warfarin?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

04-04-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Good thread Ted.

Can't help but wonder if age and experience leads us to the conclusion that many things really aren't important anymore, hence why we don't really keep them in our immediate working memory.
True Dex!

I'm thinking of inventing some sort of "defragmenter" in tablet form, but I'll have forgotten, all about it, by tomorrow!

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I used to be able to hear the words from songs on the Radio, and sound tracks on the Movies..

I used to be able, to remember where I parked my car, in town, and where that shop was that I wanted to return to.

I used to be able to remember the birthdays, the addresses, the post codes, the anniversaries..

I used to remember to check, on going out, that all the doors are locked, all the lights are switched off, the house is secure.

I used to remember my Bank details, my Passwords, my Car registration.

I used to remember which trousers match which jacket, what shirt is the right colour, where I left my shoes.

But, Hey! I'm still lucky!

I have all my naggers around, to keep me in line!

Just tell them you can't hear them and maybe they'll stop .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top