Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:22 PM

Re: Kill The Bill.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
But they won't be , it will just get worse
We all have the right to protest.

There are things I would protest about, I would never get violent however.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Where is that right enshrined in law? It isn't. What we DO have are periodic elections enshrined in law.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agree, to a point. IMHO what really tips the balance is those who attend rallies/protests for the sake of doing so rather than having any particular affiliation or interest in the cause.
I understand your opinion but here I'm more with Todger.

I just do not believe that so many people are either so bored or have so little in their lives to otherwise occupy them that they attend demonstrations for no good reason.
There's more to it and I suspect that the "more" is deliberate antagonism and even anarchy.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

That's becoming a problem though Swimmy.
It seems that you can't protest without violence in far too many cases nowadays.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That's becoming a problem though Swimmy.
It seems that you can't protest without violence in far too many cases nowadays.
No violence - no publicity. And no opportunity to bait the police for all the camera phones. (I wrote bait --- not 'bate! I'm not THAT rude!)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agree, to a point. IMHO what really tips the balance is those who attend rallies/protests for the sake of doing so rather than having any particular affiliation or interest in the cause.
They probably need a job to do ??
Praps they should join the police ??

Donkeyman! 👎👎🤔🤔👎👎
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I understand your opinion but here I'm more with Todger.

I just do not believe that so many people are either so bored or have so little in their lives to otherwise occupy them that they attend demonstrations for no good reason.
There's more too it and I suspect that the "more" is deliberate antagonism and even anarchy.
I guess I'm not as cynical as you and TAT, and am sceptical about some kind of large conspiracy.

Hopefully, I'm not just burying my head in the sand.

Maybe you're right. I hope not though!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Where is that right enshrined in law? It isn't. What we DO have are periodic elections enshrined in law.
I would protest rather than vote, if I'm perfectly honest. Not violently, because violence doesn't get you anywhere. I really don't believe voting has any power, now. Do you believe in Unions, Todger? As in work Unions.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:03 PM

they've been at it again today in London, over 100 arrests, what is happening? I don't like it one bit and feel quite worried
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-04-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I would protest rather than vote, if I'm perfectly honest. Not violently, because violence doesn't get you anywhere. I really don't believe voting has any power, now. Do you believe in Unions, Todger? As in work Unions.
"Trade unions"? Do you mean as good things to have? If so absolutely NOT. Twas a time 100 years or so when Trade Unions served a good and necessary purpose but that is long past.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top