Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:17 PM

Re: A flowchart for choosing your religion

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Trouble is, I didn't get beyond the opening box since i disagree with the premise

Good fun though and thanks for posting it.
Why?

Flowcharts have their place and can be most helpful .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM

I must admit that I was tempted.
I got to the bit about reincarnation and thought, damn it, I can pretend to worship lots of gods if I can come back again.

Then I got to the bit about a black cat and, yes, we have one!

So I might become a Wiccan.

Actually, some of the things I've seen on some horror films seem quite appealing. Certainly, all the female witches looked very sexy.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:20 PM

I looked into Wicca when I was in my late 20's. Far too much faffing about and waaaaay too many gods and goddesses to keep track of.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Why?

Flowcharts have their place and can be most helpful .
I assume you're asking why I disagree with the premise?

I would answer, but this thread is in GD and not religion, so it would be inappropriate to. I hate it when people go off on a tangent
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I must admit that I was tempted.
I got to the bit about reincarnation and thought, damn it, I can pretend to worship lots of gods if I can come back again.
Think similar to this comes up in the first chapter of Life of Pi, but the idea there was that if you believed in enough religions then everyday could be a legitimate holiday and you'd never have to go to work.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:25 PM

I assume you're asking why I disagree with the premise?

I would answer, but this thread is in GD and not religion, so it would be inappropriate to. I hate it when people go off on a tangent
No, not asking since I agree its better just keeping with "the flow" .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-04-2021, 03:29 PM

No, not asking since I agree its better just keeping with "the flow" .
Flow diagrams can be useful, but only if there is an integer number of choices at each stage. For example (and no, this isn't an attempt to "hijack"), if the opening box asked "what gender are you", then there could be an infinite number of possible responses

Edit - After all, I'm sure we've all had moments when filling in "on a scale of 1 to 10" type questions and wavered at some responses, thinking well, 2.3 or 2.4ish, so which should I tick?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-04-2021, 03:35 PM

Flow diagrams can be useful, but only if there is an integer number of choices at each stage. For example (and no, this isn't an attempt to "hijack"), if the opening box asked "what gender are you", then there could be an infinite number of possible responses;-)
When what used to be a binary choice calls for a sliding scale.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-04-2021, 03:39 PM

When what used to be a binary choice calls for a sliding scale.
Indeed. Therein lies (in part) why I don't agree with the premise. But not on here; there'll be plenty of other opportunites.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-04-2021, 03:42 PM

Indeed. Therein lies (in part) why I don't agree with the premise. But not on here; there'll be plenty of other opportunites.;-)
Definitely; there is more than a little sliding around on OFF!

I am still wrestling with the guilt for having cheated on JBR's flowchart. Perhaps he should have covered up the answers for people like me.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top