Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:53 PM

Memories from when the world was a different place!

From the rather frenetic dancing to The Twist (on another thread just recently) to this one that I am sure many will remember. A read through the Comments while listening to the music is really quite something and says it all about Acker Bilk's music. I remember him playing in some of the jazz clubs I used to frequent:

Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:03 PM

Re: Memories from when the world was a different place!

Another memorable one from the early 1960s to go with the first one one this thread.
Acker Bilk and Kenny Ball certainly made some memories with their music:

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 09:12 PM

Thought I'd ask first before I contribute... Are you inviting jazz and blues posts?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:10 PM

Good question, I love jazz, the emotion required for any type of Jazz is admirable but, I don't understand Trad Jazz, I came in when it got really technical.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good question, I love jazz, the emotion required for any type of Jazz is admirable but, I don't understand Trad Jazz, I came in when it got really technical.

Me too. Both my father and father in law were jazz musos. Dad was from the Ellington/ Dorsey/ Miller swing era and my F.I.L. was more bebop...Monk, Brubeck..Coltrane and Davis, Dex Gordon etc. I grew up on Weather Report, Jarrett, Hancock, Corea, Clarke and others of that era,,ANd the blues of course was just wondering if Bazz wanted posts from other genres of jazz.
Baz46

05-04-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thought I'd ask first before I contribute... Are you inviting jazz and blues posts?
Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Me too. Both my father and father in law were jazz musos. Dad was from the Ellington/ Dorsey/ Miller swing era and my F.I.L. was more bebop...Monk, Brubeck..Coltrane and Davis, Dex Gordon etc. I grew up on Weather Report, Jarrett, Hancock, Corea, Clarke and others of that era,,ANd the blues of course was just wondering if Bazz wanted posts from other genres of jazz.
Apologies keezoy, I missed your posts. Up to you whatever you wish to post. Those first two posts of mine were after being reminded of the music of days gone by. They brought back many memories so thought I would share them with anyone who wished to listen. Entirely up to you if you wish to post your type of jazz, there will be those who like it and others who do not. We all have the choice of whether to listen or not so go ahead, not a problem.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 07:35 AM

Anyone remember this one?

Baz46

05-04-2021, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Anyone remember this one?
Yes, that is another one from those long-ago days!
Baz46

05-04-2021, 08:54 AM

The music is brilliant and the photos, although contributed by the person who put this on YouTube, are very much a reminder of the title and despite the last year we've had that is all still out there.

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 09:56 AM

Good thread Baz .
Always a lover of the Swing era.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top