Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:49 PM

Re: Pensioner killed by dogs.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The difference being small dogs don’t generally kill people .
But cross a muscular dog like a staffie with a mastiff you get a big formidable dog - a pit bull.
The sad thing is pit bulls can be as loyal and loving to their owners as any other dog .
Poor old lady what a dreadful way to die.

Yes. She wouldn't have stood a chance, poor woman.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
These dogs were not off-lead in a public place.

They had been kept shut in a shed. Who knows why, or how long for? I would imagine that did nothing to help their mental state for a start.
I read they bust out the shed and got through a hole in the fence/hedge into next door and attacked this poor lady.

Who has their dog on a lead in their own garden?
They escaped, well he would say that, wouldn't he.

Either way, he was negligent.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
They escaped, well he would say that, wouldn't he.

Either way, he was negligent.

He may not even have been at home at the time for all we know, but yes, he was negligent in the way he didn't ensure his garden was totally escape proof and able to contain these animals.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:06 PM

Very sad.

Imho, all dogs should be on leads when in public places.
Our Dog is fine, but, when another Dog custodian, lets their animal, come into our dogs zone, she will smell their ass, I can not be held accountable for that.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Our Dog is fine, but, when another Dog custodian, lets their animal, come into our dogs zone, she will smell their ass, I can not be held accountable for that.
Quite a big dog I presume.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:16 PM

No a small (ish) dog, she will tolerate ass smelling, on an equal basis, but, will respond physically if followed after the event.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:09 AM

Hi

I am not in the best of health, so a having a dog is a no no.
#
Nice neighbours have a dog, which I look after from time to time when I am well.

A lovely small furry mongrel who is great fun, loves playing catch and not adverse to jumping up on the sofa when I get tired.

The best of both worlds.
reg
Manchester

05-04-2021, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No a small (ish) dog, she will tolerate ass smelling, on an equal basis, but, will respond physically if followed after the event.
I thought it must be a largish dog to reach the custodian's backside
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:34 AM

IMHO People "own" cats in the hope that they can "tame" them enough so that coexistence can exist amicably with the occasional sign of affection. The rules of engagement are always tentative. TAT et al knows what I mean. It's the uncertainty/independence that attracts us.

AFAIK Dogs are a different species which require mutual love, affection and control if they are to thrive. They are paradoxically simultaneously more and less "intelligent" depending how one views them.

Above all, history and experience suggests that dogs only break boundaries if they have not been "trained" not to do so.

Bottom line - I blame the owners.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-04-2021, 07:32 AM

I thought it must be a largish dog to reach the custodian's backside
Gotcha.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top