Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:23 AM

Re: Pure Cremation.

How much is a box of Swan Vestas nowadays?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:25 AM

If you feel this way be sure to make your wishes known , as a funeral is for the bereaved family & friends who will undoubtedly want to give their loved one a good send off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
If you feel this way be sure to make your wishes known , as a funeral is for the bereaved family & friends who will undoubtedly want to give their loved one a good send off.
Hi

I have Ripple,
The money a big funeral would have cost has been put to much better use.

A holiday for my two kids and a gift to little sister who has no money.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have Ripple,
The money a big funeral would have cost has been put to much better use.

A holiday for my two kids and a gift to little sister who has no money.
Quite right too. Far better for your family to spend the money on a holiday than hand it over to an undertaker.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:17 PM

All sorts start feeding off you when you die.

I'll let others worry about it!

I'll be back.....!

Religion has, possibly, put cremation out of the equation - too much chat about "burning in Hell", etc.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Anyone else signed up for this?

Simple , efficient and cheap.

If the kids want more, they can pay for it.

I would rather they spent it on a holiday.

I came into this world as a nobody and will leave it as such.

My impact on this world has been zero in reality.

I have saved a few, been seriously injured in doing so, but have not changed anything.

Not changed anything, but happy with what I did.
My MIL has recently signed up.

I think that it's a great idea for those who like myself want as little fuss as possible and who don't relish the thought of the hypocrisy that so many formal funerals attract.
Some vicar or somesuch that's never so much as set eyes on somebody really shouldn't be waxing lyrical and heaping praise as far as I'm concerned.

If they really, absolutely must do anything for me, I'd much rather they have a darned good party.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 03:50 PM

V and I have funeral plans with AgeUK. We've had them for years. V, her brother and my brother are all aware that I want my ashes to be scattered into the River Severn at Bridgnorth into the care of the Welsh Goddess Hafren (Roman Goddess Sabrina).
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 04:37 PM

My husband and I have no wish to have funerals, a simple crem job after all the useful bits from our bodies have been removed. We have discussed it with our children who are happy to comply with our wishes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top