Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:23 AM

A new smartphone.

Hi

My old one has become unreliable after 6 years.

I need a reliable one, with dual sims, to get coverage wherever I am.

The problem is swapping things over, not my thing at all.

It did not arrive until late, by which time next door daughter, who is home from Uni and brilliant at such things, was smashed.

I will have to wait to get it set up.

Payment will be a bottle of vodka, the Polish stuff,

Well worth the cost.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: A new smartphone.

I had to always wait for my daughter to set up my iphones as I couldn't get to grips with that site it uses.....Itunes, drove me nuts. I switched to Huawei Phones several years ago and they are a breeze to set up, especially since they included an App called Phone Clone, Just put the phones side by side with the Bluetooth on and start the App and in moments your new phone is the same as your old phone.
You should check your new phone, it may have that App on it, you can also download it from the store.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:01 AM

I have a problem syncing an old phone to a new one too. I generally just go old school and manually put in the numbers, and re-download any apps I had (free ones, not paid).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:03 AM

Hi

Thanks for that.

I know my own stupidity on this.

It is a Doogee, A Taiwanese OEM Manufacturer.

Cheap as chips compared to the big brands.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have a problem syncing an old phone to a new one too. I generally just go old school and manually put in the numbers, and re-download any apps I had (free ones, not paid).
I used to do that with my Huawei phones Pixie, but since I discovered that App 2 phones ago it was done in moments.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/suppo...en-gb00731200/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:15 AM

Oh I used to have a Huawei phone, Roxy, and I loved the huge screen and camera - but it was SO big that I dropped it more times than I could count and it broke. Now I have a little one which is more manageable!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:29 PM

When I changed my phone, the young lass in the shop transferred everything over for me, even my screen saver photo. Brill.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top