Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:49 AM

Re: Next door is kicking off.

Get some good weed and just chill out. Seriously.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;2067829]In our Cul-de-Sac we have all grown up together, had kids and they have all gone to make a life for themselves. So it consists of 8 bungalows where the average age is about 70....We are all in bed for ten, and the only noise is the clicking of walking sticks early in the mornings when we all go out for a walk. Sundays and Easter Mondays can be a bit raucous though with the church bells and all the incessant hymn singing.....[/QUOTE]

I'd give anything to hear those church bells, its a delightful sound to my ears foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Would you give the same advice if it were you on the receiving end?

Witness "Hold on, hang in there while I phone the police"

Too many women die as a result of domestic violence.

I'm not too sure I could sit in my home listening to this and my only response is to call the cops.
Life's a bitch! and then you die....

I went across the road to a neighbour who was beating down on his wife when we first moved here over forty years ago....Turns out he was a blackbelt in tiquando....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:57 AM

Yes Foxy....I think I'd like to live where you live...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:24 PM

I'm not too sure I could sit in my home listening to this and my only response is to call the cops.

This is nothing whatsoever to do with saving a woman from 'possible' violence. It is a personal grudge.

Swim hates this bloke with a vengeance and has done ever since he has lived there. He has wanted to deck him many times, and openly posted he has attempted it before.

It is NOT about rushing next door because she 'might' be in danger, it is about planning to smack the bloke in another 61 days time! Pre-meditated violence in other words, and you can't say it's 'sleep deprivation' when it is planned for 8 weeks in the future!

Also, why not just do it, or get someone else to.
Why advertise your intentions publicly first?
By Swims many previous posts on his hatred for the neighbour, it seems a personal grudge that gnaws away at him.

Like Todger said - Chill - or phone the cops.
Do not announce you are about to commit a crime!!

I'm saying nothing more, let him do what he wants and get arrested.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:39 PM

Not being contentious here reg.just looking at it from another angle.

I was a victim of domestic abuse, the police were called on us a number of times, I’ve had to flee my home many a times, with 3 children in tow, the council provided bed and breakfast for us,we shared one room for all 4 of us....luckily we were able to stay in that room all day.

When you say you couldn’t restrain yourself from intervening,I had a neighbour who did that, it actually made matters worse, my ex husband was convinced that I had been speaking about my problems to this neighbour even accused me of having an affair with him.....so in my case it didn’t help.

Also I had a responsibility to myself and my children ,to keep us all safe.

Unfortunately I kept going back to him, thinking he would change....

So partly my fault for not getting out of that dreadful abuse....it affected my two older children terribly....because I lived in it for so long.

My point is she probably needs to get out,SF neighbour, providing it’s her who is being abused.....but she won’t until she’s ready, she may never get out, but it’s her choice.

She stays in the abuse.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This has nothing whatsoever to do with saving a woman from 'possible' violence.

Swim hates this bloke with a vengeance and has done ever since he has lived there. He has wanted to deck him many times, and openly posted he has attempted it before.

It is NOT about rushing next door because she 'might' be in danger, it is about planning to smack the bloke in another 61 days time! Pre-meditated violence in other words, and you can't say it's 'sleep deprivation' when it is planned for 8 weeks in the future!

Also, why not just do it, or get someone else to.
Why advertise your intentions first?
By Swims many previous posts on his hatred for the neighbour, it seems a personal grudge that itches away at him.

Like Todger said - Chill - or phone the cops.
Do not announce you are about to commit a crime!!

I'm saying nothing more, let him do what he wants and get arrested.
Ok, now I have a different view my opinion has changed, somewhat.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A huge row.

First time in decades I have not lived in a detached house, so a new experience for me.

They are screaming at each other, the kids are crying and I know everything about their sex life.

I wish I didn't.
Welcome to my world. The next door neighbours are always fratching, particularly with the youngest daughter who screams like a banshee.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Other than the concertos, care to name some? Am comparing notes

Edit - many years ago I owned an LP recording of Ian Hobson playing Rach's transcriptions/preludes. Hobson won the Leeds piano competition in the 1970's but soon retired afterwards to lecture in the USA somewhere.

Lost my copy and have been looking for a replacement on and off for quite a while.
If you haven't already, take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...o+rachmaninoff
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sixty two days and counting before I flatten him.

I need to come off the blood thinners before he is dealt with.

I have very simple views, men do not hit women, they do not terrorise kids either.

I am very simple in that respect, it is just wrong.
Oh dear I don’t come on 50+ enough and didn’t realise you were recovering from illness . It’s a dilemma of course I admire your stand on non abuse but flattening mightn’t be the way to go especially for you ! Perhaps posting info on a local women’s
support group through the neighbouring letterbox when you feel it’s safe to so .
Whatever never put yourself in risk.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top