Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:14 PM

Big changes ahead ??

Looks like the human diet will undergo some big changes if the
Vegans get their way ??
Banning Fish from our diet for a start !
And progressing to all meat products being banned as well !!
Their motivation for this is supposedly to save the planet ??
So we all have to eat soya and cook in Palm oil according to them
and all will be well ??
I don't think so?
on order to produce enough of this stuff for our needs it will need
more arable land than exists at the moment so more forests will
have to be felled to accommodate the new fields ? This will be
exactly what the planet does not need !!
What now ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Re: Big changes ahead ??

What will the farmers and fishermen do? Retrain as something else?

Soya doesn't agree with me, and I try to avoid things with palm oil, due to the Orangutans, and I'm not eating GM foods if I can help it! I bought blueberries the other day which were the size of grapes, I kid you not. There were about 8 in the packet

I'll be going hungry then.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Vegans can only get their way if the greater mass of people don't stand up for their rights to chose what they want to eat.
As for me, it'll be a cold day in hell before I eat soya anything.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:32 PM

Strangely enough, I was ordering meats from a supermarket today & noticed that the weight of a portion had been reduced in anything prepacked. Of course they don't sell 500 grams of meat on delivered food... so they are already starting to reduce the amount we eat. Covid has also helped by getting more people to shop online!
There are less butcher shops now & eventually they will not be able to compete with lower supermarket prices, so asking for a specific quantity of meat will be come more difficult!
It wont be just the eaters of these products that will suffer, It will be farmers, fishermen, the people who sell those products & I suspect many children whose parents were brought up eating meat & fish, so have little idea on how to cook vegetarian food! Getting the right nutrition from veg involves a lot of knowledge in how to get the right minerals , vitamins & getting children to eat them is difficult.
One thing that worries me, is that animals have been eating grass since they appeared & their poo fertilized the ground. If we need to grow more veg, the land they grazed on will still be needed to grow the veg. That means we will have to use chemical fertilizer on most... because we will all be eating the veg we grow.!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:37 PM

And what will THAT do to us, Twink? Eating chemicals is not what I'd like for dinner, thanks!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
And what will THAT do to us, Twink? Eating chemicals is not what I'd like for dinner, thanks!
Well one thing is certain, most food that is grown from artificial fertilizer never has the same taste as food that is grown from natural fertilizer.
If you grow organic veg & eat it straight from being picked, it certainly makes you notice the difference in taste from the mass produced stuff we buy these days!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Vegans can only get their way if the greater mass of people don't stand up for their rights to chose what they want to eat.
As for me, it'll be a cold day in hell before I eat soya anything.
Ditto. I can't stand that tofu stuff either.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

06-04-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well one thing is certain, most food that is grown from artificial fertilizer never has the same taste as food that is grown from natural fertilizer.
If you grow organic veg & eat it straight from being picked, it certainly makes you notice the difference in taste from the mass produced stuff we buy these days!
I just started planting stuff recently and already I'm getting impatient waiting for it to grow and be picked so I can eat it! I did strawberry picking as a kid, and ooooh, those strawberries were better than anything I have tasted since. I really don't like the way our food is going these days.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

06-04-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I just started planting stuff recently and already I'm getting impatient waiting for it to grow and be picked so I can eat it! I did strawberry picking as a kid, and ooooh, those strawberries were better than anything I have tasted since. I really don't like the way our food is going these days.
You are not alone! I have just had another horrid thought, if there are no animals all you will be able to eat on Burns night is vegetarian haggis!
I am not Scottish, but I do enjoy haggis neeps & tatties on a cold night!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 05:56 PM

Most of that veggie/vegan rubbish is the most fart inducing stuff on this planet. Our array of teeth prove that we are omnivores, so this old omnivore is gonna stick to his meat and three veg thankyou.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top