Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 05:58 AM

Re: Is It Important That You Are Liked?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I like to be liked but as I got older I've realised it doesn't matter if you arent liked by some. What matters is that you like who you are yourself after all we have to live with ourself. Who gives s flying eff if there are ones that don't like you , their problem not ours. As long as we are true to ourselves thats all that matters . Saying that to be respected means more than to be liked.
Exactly this.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:38 AM

As long as my family and two close friends like me, I'm not at all bothered what anyone else thinks about me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:40 AM

Its nice to be Licked, once in a while, but like is a strange thing, its a receptive thing, mainly sensed by Females.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:57 AM

Isn't everyone liked by at least some other people? It's hardly conceivable that someone is not liked at all. So the question is how important is it to be liked by a lot of other people? For me, the number does not really matter as long as I like myself and know that a bunch of people in my network like me as well.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 07:04 AM

In the workplace, it was more important to be respected, than liked. Gawd knows what has happened to this principle now folks are working from home, disrespect and dislike must be rife.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 08:28 AM

When I was wee, I wanted to be liked - doesn't everyone? You need to have that validation to fit in with everybody and be accepted. I'm now like many other posters, older and wiser in thinking it doesn't really matter, so long as I like myself.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 08:36 AM

I think it’s sad when some people have to ‘buy’ their friendships and are always buying presents for people, so as to be liked.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think it’s sad when some people have to ‘buy’ their friendships and are always buying presents for people, so as to be liked.
I think that comes down to an insecurity within themselves.

Speaking from my own experience, when young I did that, looking back, it’s like I was trying to show that person how nice I was, i was trying to get validation from them....which I never received growing up.......not playing the victim, just trying to explain.....another thought provoking thread Art...

I love to give gifts, even now, but not because I want to be liked,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:07 AM

I do, like most humans ,like to be liked .
There is a child in everyone of us and children need to be liked and loved in order to grow up to be confident people .
Sadly many children do not get this unconditional love and affection and grow up constantly searching and perhaps never finding true acceptance .
Young people want to be accepted so in the absence of family love will sometimes turn to gangs .
As we get older this need may be subdued or turned to other things .
Hence the popularity of pets especially dogs .
A dog especially a puppy gives love unconditionally he is not critical he likes everyone . A dog thinks his owner is Napoleon they are the despite what the world thinks the king of his world .They don’t judge on looks ,intellectual capacity or success in life .
I read in some survey the rather sad fact that in some families nearly all members named the family dog as their best friend .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do, like most humans ,like to be liked .
There is a child in everyone of us and children need to be liked and loved in order to grow up to be confident people .
Sadly many children do not get this unconditional love and affection and grow up constantly searching and perhaps never finding true acceptance .
Young people want to be accepted so in the absence of family love will sometimes turn to gangs .
As we get older this need may be subdued or turned to other things .
Hence the popularity of pets especially dogs .
A dog especially a puppy gives love unconditionally he is not critical he likes everyone . A dog thinks his owner is Napoleon they are the despite what the world thinks the king of his world .They don’t judge on looks ,intellectual capacity or success in life .
I read in some survey the rather sad fact that in some families nearly all members named the family dog as their best friend .
Morning Muddy,

You made me wonder if, sometime in the future, we might find a way to hear, from the dog, what it is really thinking!

"Look at her lying there, watching TV, whilst I'm bursting for a walk."

"Yeah, go on, eat your fancy meal while i have to eat that weird stuff you put in my bowl"

"Stop trying to drag me away from that nice looking poodle!"

"Of course I bark at strangers, so do you!"

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top