Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 10:35 PM

Dog Theft Reform. com

An interesting website, and a simple but meaningful short talk from Ricky Gervaise.

https://www.pettheftreform.com/

I have seen figures estimating dog theft has increased by 170% since lock down began!!
There is little or no deterrent still.

People are working and campaigning hard to get this changed.

This man, veterinary surgeon Marc Abrhams, has done an awful lot of work to help. Anyone who hasn't heard of him can have a read here:

http://www.marcthevet.com/about/
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:05 AM

Re: Dog Theft Reform. com

Pass a generous castle law that includes pets, and sentencing that includes a at least a ten year mandatory prison sentence with a crippling fine.

If you pass the former, you won't need the latter.

Pets aren't commodities, they are family members. They should be so treated in the law.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 08:07 AM

Thanks for this article Mups .
It’s absolutely disgraceful this breeding of dogs .
Why we are so considerate towards the rights of the breeders I don’t know .
Then there are the umpteen dogs that are brought in form Eastern Europe and sold here .
We should stop all imports of dogs and really stop breeding dogs .My neighbour has just bought a puppy from a reputable breeder goodness knows what they paid for it. However straight away they noticed it was behaving strangely they took it to the vets and he said it is completely blind has no optic nerve. Surely the breeder would have noticed . They are good people and are keeping the pup but I don’t believe the breeder didn’t know . Perhaps there should be a moratorium on all breeding of dogs .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:21 AM

Will read the article later Mups thank you .
There are warning posters up all over the place here particularly on the common land where a number of attempted dog snatches have taken place. My DIL now takes a rape alarm with her when she takes the dogs out.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Then there are the umpteen dogs that are brought in form Eastern Europe and sold here .
We should stop all imports of dogs and really stop breeding dogs .My neighbour has just bought a puppy from a reputable breeder goodness knows what they paid for it. However straight away they noticed it was behaving strangely they took it to the vets and he said it is completely blind has no optic nerve. Surely the breeder would have noticed . They are good people and are keeping the pup but I don’t believe the breeder didn’t know . Perhaps there should be a moratorium on all breeding of dogs .
I would argue that if you are doing it for profit, there is no such thing as a "reputable breeder."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 08:03 PM

Poor little mite, Muddy.
Is it a breed that is susceptible to eye problems?
Is it one eye, or both?

As you say, I am surprised it wasn't noticed before.
You'd have thought it would have always been last to the feeding bowl for a start and perhaps under weight because of that?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:45 PM

It’s a rough haired dachshund the eyes look beautiful and quite normal .They noticed day one and took it straight to the vet .
They are kind people and it will still have a good life . They said it has already mapped out the ground floor .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-04-2021, 09:55 PM

It’s a rough haired dachshund the eyes look beautiful and quite normal .They noticed day one and took it straight to the vet .
They are kind people and it will still have a good life . They said it has already mapped out the ground floor .

I suppose if he was born like it at least he will never know any different and will cope accordingly.

Glad he's with good people at least.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

20-04-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suppose if he was born like it at least he will never know any different and will cope accordingly.

Glad he's with good people at least.
Aww, bless him, that is probably true.

It's a pleasure to share the planet with people who take a pup like that into their lives, knowing that there may be extra cost and effort involved.I can tell you first hand that dogs have been dealt a difficult hand don't bring you any less joy and your heart bursts with love for them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top