Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:18 PM

Pelican Aloft

This one is off to the gallery to fill the spot of another sold. It's fairly long. Hopefully it will someday find a nice place over someone's sofa or bed.

Pixie Knuckles
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: Pelican Aloft

That water is stunning, SM, well done! Is it oils or acrylic?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:24 PM

Thanks, PK. It's done in oils which are very forgiving .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:29 PM

Stunning art SM, oh for the skill...
Pixie Knuckles
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Thanks, PK. It's done in oils which are very forgiving .
They are aren't they, and they give such a softer look. I don't have the patience for them, but you have clearly got it down to a tee. Love it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

07-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Thank you, Barry. It's a lot like learning to build or any other endeavor. You give it a go, make a mistake, pay attention to someone more skilled, learn, try again without making another mistake, come across a problem, find a solution.... Satisfying in the end!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

07-04-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
They are aren't they, and they give such a softer look. I don't have the patience for them, but you have clearly got it down to a tee. Love it.
I love oils for the richness of oil colors. You should give it a go! I am still a beginner, but slowing figuring it out.
Pixie Knuckles
Scotland, UK

07-04-2021, 04:56 PM

I did try, SM, but I don't like the drying time. I end up fiddling or changing things where I shouldn't and ruining the look. I prefer watercolours & coloured pencil, for illustration or fluid acrylics. They work for abstract style. How long have you been painting for?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

07-04-2021, 05:03 PM

Yes, true on the filling around. Guilty on that count.

I am not good enough to do watercolors; I think they are truly the most difficult medium with the painters who use them perhaps the most skilled. I admire you for your use of them!

I have been painting for about four years, but without much time, I have only painted a dozen or so canvases.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Bee..
Ee..
Ay.
..Udiful surfermom!
You are very talented
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top