Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 05:28 PM

Facemasks

I apologise if this topic has already been addressed.

Do you wear disposable or reusable facemasks?

I have reusable ones, which I wear once before washing them, firstly having them soaked in boiling water for about 30 minutes.

I get annoyed with people who don't wear their masks properly by leaving their nose uncovered. There is not much point in having one on if the mouth and nose aren't covered up.

In order to prevent my specs steaming up when wearing my mask I apply a tiny bit of alcohol gel to the lenses and rub it around them well so they are not blurry. It seems to work.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 05:29 PM

Re: Facemasks

I wear one when I'm out. It feels weird now, not to wear one!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 05:40 PM

Disposable.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 05:42 PM

Disposable but I use them a lot longer than one day. I just rotate them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Reusable with a disposable filter from Boots
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:45 PM

I have several reuseable ones that I wash after use but have disposable ones in the car in case I forget to take one with me. I get annoyed with people who don't cover their noses too! Must try that tip of the alcohol gell on spec lenses. I take my hearing aid off most of the time because I once managed to lose it when removing my mask!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:51 PM

I have never tried disposable masks.
I have several washable masks, two have been made by me, or my daughter’s mother in law.
The rest were given to me. I have pink ones, black ones, blue ones and white ones. I also have a black one with removable filters.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I apologise if this topic has already been addressed.

Do you wear disposable or reusable facemasks?

I have reusable ones, which I wear once before washing them, firstly having them soaked in boiling water for about 30 minutes.

I get annoyed with people who don't wear their masks properly by leaving their nose uncovered. There is not much point in having one on if the mouth and nose aren't covered up.

In order to prevent my specs steaming up when wearing my mask I apply a tiny bit of alcohol gel to the lenses and rub it around them well so they are not blurry. It seems to work.
Not that I go out very much but I have both, with packs of disposables in the car and about half-a-dozen assorted reusables that are laundered after every use.
Well, some fit better than others.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:02 PM

I have been using a disposable face mask for the best part of a year now.
The same one!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:03 PM

I use reusable ones but also carry a pack of disposable one on one of my rare ventures out for appointments etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top