Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:16 PM

Re: confrontation

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
😂🤣😅....,seriously LD...I think your wife is lucky to have you as a husband and I’m sure you feel the same way about her.

Aw thank you and I hope so.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:27 PM

I don’t know how to answer this without coming over as a hardcase...
If someone confronts me, l will confront them back. I believe in nipping things in the bud before they get worse.
If you don’t sort issues there and then, they can escalate and the person will confront you, again and again.
I also believe if you don’t sort it, it still exists and it can eat away at you and that brings on other problems.

We are all different in how we react and some of us are just more fiery.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t know how to answer this without coming over as a hardcase...
If someone confronts me, l will confront them back. I believe in nipping things in the bud before they get worse.
If you don’t sort issues there and then, they can escalate and the person will confront you, again and again.
I also believe if you don’t sort it, it still exists and it can eat away at you and that brings on other problems.

We are all different in how we react and some of us are just more fiery.
you don't come over as a hardcase, I'm glad you commented, I asked peoples opinion and you gave an honest one, I appreciate that.

My way of sorting the issue has been to walk away, it's happened too many times and I'm not prepared to put my health at risk because someone feels the need to have a go at me. I expect people to treat me as I treat them, I don't give them a hard time so I don't feel I deserve them to give me one especially when it's in their own damned head. When I think what our Doggy said, I think he's right, it's a form of bullying, she knows I'm soft natured and took advantage of that, like a fool I've let her get away with it far too long and I've decided it's no good hanging onto a relationship that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
well yes, I'm talking about you Pauline only joking. No just someone I know but I chose not to know her anymore. I can't let anyone make me feel poorly, it's ridiculous how horrible my body feels so I've had to walk away for my own well being.

I was reading in a magazine that on many occasions relationships break down, couples and people move on and it's just the same with friendships or so called friendships, sometimes they break down. Friendships are supposed to lift you aren't they.
Friends for a Reason
Friends for a Season
Friends for All Time.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose it can be seen as a form of bullying. I have been around far too long to be bullied by anyone. I don't consider myself to be confrontational but if someone tries it on, I find the best way to stop it is to challenge them. Let them know you will not be one of their victims.
Errrr LTP springs to mind......!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:58 PM

I'm the least confrontational person I will comply with a lot and did so for 7 years in a tiny office with another typist . She abused my nice constantly and I kept the peace . Complained twice to management and was told I was not believed.
One morning she went too far and I lost it completely lost it which with hindsite I realise now is the wrong way to deal with situations like that . I did get an apology but not long after I left the workplace .

I still cannot confront I wish I could but I am too emotional and that takes me over . I keep away from situations like that now . I wish I was stronger
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
you don't come over as a hardcase, I'm glad you commented, I asked peoples opinion and you gave an honest one, I appreciate that.

My way of sorting the issue has been to walk away, it's happened too many times and I'm not prepared to put my health at risk because someone feels the need to have a go at me. I expect people to treat me as I treat them, I don't give them a hard time so I don't feel I deserve them to give me one especially when it's in their own damned head. When I think what our Doggy said, I think he's right, it's a form of bullying, she knows I'm soft natured and took advantage of that, like a fool I've let her get away with it far too long and I've decided it's no good hanging onto a relationship that makes me feel uncomfortable.
LQ, Yes, Longy is right, they are bullies.
Honestly, l am usually easy going but l couldn’t allow anyone to treat me like that.
I worked with a woman who was a bitter bully. She would make sarky snipes at me and others. At first, l let them go.
One day, as l was about to leave the office. There was just the two of us there and she made a snipe.
l flew out of my chair and went right up to her face and said, ‘If you ever, ever speak to me like that again, l won’t be responsible for my actions’.
Honestly, she just sat there and was in shock.
I went home to my family and l just sobbed my heart out that she could make me so upset and angry.

The next day, she was all sweetness and light and had bought me a punnet of my favourite tiny tomatoes that l loved!
She was ok after that and said, l was a little Spitfire!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:14 PM

Nope, I’m not confrontational- only with my kids (concerning their studies) but that doesn’t count since I’m their mom. I was very protective of my younger sister at school to the extent that I once punched a schoolground bully in the stomach for teasing her and making her cry. He towered above me but I was fierce and he looked like an ape in front of the rest of the kids.
As an adult, I shy away from conflict and I have been walked over/taken for granted but I’m in a good place now. I’m happy that I turned out fairly sane and my EQ is on point.
Walk away and let it slide like water off a Duck’s back.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:16 PM

I am not confrontational at all, but once I came across a man who was beating a dog. That did not go well for him (just ask the judge), but it did for the dog who found a new home.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am not confrontational at all, but once I came across a man who was beating a dog. That did not go well for him (just ask the judge), but it did for the dog who found a new home.
Surfermom for President!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top