Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:55 PM

Re: UK should be grateful

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Best thing that could happen to the EU is for it to break up. It's not what it was supposed to be in the beginning and has grown into a vile evil beast, far too big for it's own good.
Countries should look after themselves and sort out trade between each other without all the bossy demands coming from the EU, with all their rules.
And you can tell! The breaking up of the british empire stopped all those bossy demands and rulings coming from london so countries could start looking after themselves!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
We're due to approve the Novavax jab any day now and we are already producing it here in the UK.
While the EU haven't even been able to make a confirmed order for any of that one, the useless bunch that they are.
Novavac? Is that the vaccine that injects weakened viruses? If your natural resistance is low it gives you the disease! No thanks.

Cases have been rising in Chile amid concerns that the country was too quick to release lockdown restrictions and worries about the possible impact of new variants of the disease.
This week, Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, said the case of Chile was “a good corrective” to the idea that a single vaccination programme can eliminate coronavirus quickly, as he warned that rapid success for the UK was not assured.

Of particular concern in the UK is whether the South African variant becomes widespread as it is thought to be*partially resistant to the AstraZeneca vaccine, which accounts for about 58% of jabs administered in the UK.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Best thing that could happen to the EU is for it to break up. It's not what it was supposed to be in the beginning and has grown into a vile evil beast, far too big for it's own good.
Countries should look after themselves and sort out trade between each other without all the bossy demands coming from the EU, with all their rules.
I agree with you Roxy! The Common Market seemed like a good idea but what the EU didn't tell us was that they intended to take control of all it's member countries and turn them into one huge country!
I enjoy visiting Europe & seeing all the countries different ways, but one day they will all be the same & live under the same rules.
It is easier for small countries to look after their own peoples needs, but how can one huge government understand the individual needs of each small country?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Novavac? Is that the vaccine that injects weakened viruses? If your natural resistance is low it gives you the disease! No thanks.
Novavax.
Your understanding seems incredibly poor; you might like to look at how flu vaccines for example work to discover that (Shock! Horror!) they work by basically injecting a weakened (or innactivated) virus too.
Something like 7 billion of those are dished out every year but if you'd rather not it means there's an extra one available for somebody else that doesn't want to risk death.

Cases have been rising in Chile amid concerns that the country was too quick to release lockdown restrictions and worries about the possible impact of new variants of the disease.
This week, Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, said the case of Chile was “a good corrective” to the idea that a single vaccination programme can eliminate coronavirus quickly, as he warned that rapid success for the UK was not assured.
A degree of caution - especially just before restrictions are eased - is a sensible approach, isn't it?
It's good of you to point out our caution.
I will however remind you again that our modernized AZ jab to tackle variants is due to be rolled-out this autumn.
I've seen nothing about similar updated vaccines from the other manufacturers.

Of particular concern in the UK is whether the South African variant becomes widespread as it is thought to be*partially resistant to the AstraZeneca vaccine, which accounts for about 58% of jabs administered in the UK.
Oh dear.
"South Africa variant can 'break through' Pfizer's vaccine"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...-travel-rules/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=2bf472f55888

Again: I will remind you that our modernized AZ jab specifically designed to tackle variants is due to be rolled-out this autumn and that I've seen nothing about similar updated vaccines from the other manufacturers.

I will politely suggest that you worry about you and yours together with the rest of the EU.
It is they that seem to be far more at risk.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree with you Roxy! The Common Market seemed like a good idea but what the EU didn't tell us was that they intended to take control of all it's member countries and turn them into one huge country!
I enjoy visiting Europe & seeing all the countries different ways, but one day they will all be the same & live under the same rules.
It is easier for small countries to look after their own peoples needs, but how can one huge government understand the individual needs of each small country?
Hi

Spot on Twink.

Always in favour of the Common Market and still am.

The EU is very different and not something I wish to be part of.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It's exactly that question scotland is asking, isn't it?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on Twink.

Always in favour of the Common Market and still am.

The EU is very different and not something I wish to be part of.
What a difference, isn't it, now you're free?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:01 AM

An inactivated virus can't replicate. If a virus can't replicate how can it give anyone a disease?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:10 AM

It's exactly that question scotland is asking, isn't it?
On 18 September 2014 Scotland had a referendum on "Should Scotland be an independent country?" They voted NO! We obviously can't have a new referendum every few years...but I suspect that is what the EU were hoping the UK would do, regarding Brexit!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

13-04-2021, 08:16 AM

What a difference, isn't it, now you're free?
It certainly is, now the UK can make their own decisions on how our country us run....and considering the pandemic, we are doing alright!
I bet the sex industry in Amsterdam has missed the money though.... all that social distancing must have caused a lot of problems!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top