Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:24 PM

Re: Valid Points.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If as you say, you only bought that house for Guy, what does he want? Does he even want to live there now? You never mention him anymore.

This has been playing on your mind for such a long time now, and I remember you once posted it was YOU who got warned off by the police last time - not the neighbour. Maybe you ought to learn from that?

Where I live, my neighbour cannot even get onto my driveway as there is a dividing fence. Can't you just have a fence put up?
He's only doing it to wind you up and it works beautifully!

Is all this daily hassle really worth it? Wouldn't it be better to just cut your losses and get out of there to somewhere more peaceful, for Guy's sake?

The way I see it, you've got four choices:-

1. Hit the neighbour and get yourself arrested.
2. Ignore what he's doing - it's his life.
3. Get a dividing fence erected.
4. Move out.
Hit the neighbour and probably DIE even before he (rightly) smacked YOU in return.

Just DROP IT. Spark up a joint, and chill out.

Don't know where to where to get any? Get it from your neighbors. That or buy seed - perfectly legal to buy. Grow a crop and grow your own - that's the illegal bit - and sell any spare to your mate next door.

And know what?

I'M DEADLY SERIOUS.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hit the neighbour and probably DIE even before he (rightly) smacked YOU in return.

Just DROP IT. Spark up a joint, and chill out.

Don't know where to where to get any? Get it from your neighbors. That or buy seed - perfectly legal to buy. Grow a crop and grow your own - that's the illegal bit - and sell any spare to your mate next door.

And know what?

I'M DEADLY SERIOUS.

Don't be daft, Todger.

Why should anyone have to go on drugs because of a neighbour?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:42 PM

Don't be daft, Todger.

Why should anyone have to go on drugs because of a neighbour?
OK, booze then. It's just that weed is more liver friendly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:21 PM

OK, booze then. It's just that weed is more liver friendly.

You're bonkers.

So your solution is to either go on drugs or get plastered every day to deal with a next door neighbour. Honestly?

Gawd man, good job I aint your missus and we had a bad neighbour.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-04-2021, 01:41 PM

You're bonkers.

So your solution is to either go on drugs or get plastered every day to deal with a next door neighbour. Honestly?

Gawd man, good job I aint your missus and we had a bad neighbour.
The obvious way forward is to go down the legal route - but this seems to be being abandoned.

#1 call the local police and ensure you get a crime number.

If no response in a timely manner then

#2 call the iopc (on 0300 020 0096 - the Independent Office for Police Conduct) and register a complaint on the basis of inadequate response from your local Old Bill.

If no response in a timely manner

#3 take legal advice from a lawyer. Not as expensive as you might think.

Then if having done as advised and no progress then back to #1 again.

If after having done that a few times --- spark up a spliff and chill out.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:44 PM

The way I see it, you've got four choices:-

1. Hit the neighbour and get yourself arrested.
2. Ignore what he's doing - it's his life.
3. Get a dividing fence erected.
4. Move out.
I think these choices are more of an option, Swimmy. I'm sorry the police can't do more for you. Have you thought of writing down the things (times & dates)he is doing - potential evidence if anything were to go down the legal route?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:49 PM

If Swimmy owns the house he would have to declare his neighbourly issues. I’m just glad my neighbours from upstairs had moved out by the time I came to selling, and from then had no more issues to report.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
If Swimmy owns the house he would have to declare his neighbourly issues. I’m just glad my neighbours from upstairs had moved out by the time I came to selling, and from then had no more issues to report.
That's interesting Jazzi, I didn't know that. Is that the law or something?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2021, 03:16 PM

The obvious way forward is to go down the legal route - but this seems to be being abandoned.

#1 call the local police and ensure you get a crime number.

If no response in a timely manner then

#2 call the iopc (on 0300 020 0096 - the Independent Office for Police Conduct) and register a complaint on the basis of inadequate response from your local Old Bill.

If no response in a timely manner

#3 take legal advice from a lawyer. Not as expensive as you might think.

Then if having done as advised and no progress then back to #1 again.

If after having done that a few times --- spark up a spliff and chill out.

That is much more sensible.

Anyway, this is one of many threads Swim has made on the same subject. The last one if you remember, was he was counting the days till he was off blood thinners and could go and thump him! Remember?

Sorry Swim, but I don't see the point in people trying to advise you because you take no notice of anyone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Yes, you're quite right Jazzi.
We have to do that nowadays don't we.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top