Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 03:19 PM

Re: Valid Points.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's interesting Jazzi, I didn't know that. Is that the law or something?
Not sure if it’s lawful but do know when you complete the form from the solicitor it has a section about neighbourly disputes, and are you currently involved in any. I think if you leave it and something happens with the new owner at a later date it might come back onto you.

I had tenants above me who made my life an absolute misery. For a time I only had the support of my housing association manager (her colleague was pretty rubbish). The landlord was an absolute work of shit and neglected in his duties. He couldn’t or wouldn’t admit there was a problem. Only later on would other residents in that small block (6 flats) come forward to give their own views on them. Eventually, when the woman was pregnant with their second child they moved out. There then followed another couple, with whom I am still in contact. Better behaved, more respectful.

The manager told me she had learned from the experience (but didn’t elaborate what that was). We tried to arrange intermediary meetings, the landlord refused. By him doing so, I asked my manager ‘does that make my case stronger?’ And she replied it hasn’t helped.

She had installed noise monitoring equipment in my bedroom and it clearly picked up a noise that had woken me. They would come in late, slam the front door. Slam the flat door. He would slam windows during the night (I believe he leant out smoking). He would go back out not long after coming in, slamming all doors and stomping down stairs (at one time my neighbour opened her door and yelled at him). Their family and friends would visit at all times, often leaving the flat in different groups, so we had constant disruption.

I was so relieved when they moved out.

Oh, and twice I had water leakage into my bathroom, with a ruined ceiling (which he had his decorator do once), but I had it again and had to cover the stains myself, both in bathroom and ceiling.

So, had those tenants still lived there when I moved, I would have had to declare that yes, there was an ongoing dispute about noise disturbance. And probably wouldn’t have been able to sell.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 03:44 PM

Jazzi, I remember you sharing this information before. I can see the pros and cons of it. Good to know.

Swimfeeders, I understand the frustration of your situation. Please remember that your health and safety come first right now, and long-term stress won't do your heat any good. Take care of yourself.

I seem to remember that your place has several other people living nearby. What if you had an agreement among you that you all called the police at the same time when a problems arises? I would think that enough pressure would force them to be more proactive - especially when the safety of women and children are involved. It would also send the message that this is more than personal grudges between two men.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Jazzi, I remember you sharing this information before. I can see the pros and cons of it. Good to know.

Swimfeeders, I understand the frustration of your situation. Please remember that your health and safety come first right now, and long-term stress won't do your heat any good. Take care of yourself.

I seem to remember that your place has several other people living nearby. What if you had an agreement among you that you all called the police at the same time when a problems arises? I would think that enough pressure would force them to be more proactive - especially when the safety of women and children are involved. It would also send the message that this is more than personal grudges between two men.

Good idea Surfermom.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Only later on would other residents in that small block (6 flats) come forward to give their own views on them.

Our housing are the same, in that they only respond when more than two neighbours complain about the same thing. Otherwise they discount it as a personal matter and offer mediation between them. Which I suppose if fair enough, given that there are a lot of squabbles and clashes between individual neighbours round here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
If Swimmy owns the house he would have to declare his neighbourly issues. I’m just glad my neighbours from upstairs had moved out by the time I came to selling, and from then had no more issues to report.
My thought also, to move and up sticks could be tricky now. All this stuff had been done before, dishing out instant justice, that was Ok when not a property owner, now a person has to pay someone else to dish it out, so you can put "No Problems" on the sale declaration, it makes financial sense.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:16 PM

Our housing are the same, in that they only respond when more than two neighbours complain about the same thing. Otherwise they discount it as a personal matter and offer mediation between them. Which I suppose if fair enough, given that there are a lot of squabbles and clashes between individual neighbours round here.
No squabbles here Pixie, its like Gods Waiting Room, its great, the previous decade was living hell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is much more sensible.

Anyway, this is one of many threads Swim has made on the same subject. The last one if you remember, was he was counting the days till he was off blood thinners and could go and thump him! Remember?

Sorry Swim, but I don't see the point in people trying to advise you because you take no notice of anyone.
I had forgotten about that one. How many days are left now?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I had forgotten about that one. How many days are left now?
Oh don't be reminding him!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:53 PM

Oh don't be reminding him!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:39 PM

That's interesting Jazzi, I didn't know that. Is that the law or something?
It might not be the same law in Scotland. But it is in England. Although no idea what happens if you don't declare. Say if you sell and don't declare and then go abroad. It's not like they can ask for the money back.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top