Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 06:56 AM

Re: Valid Points.

Any property with signage on fences, razor wire on top, notes on doors saying parcels that can't be delivered return to sorting office etc, should ring warning bells with prospective buyers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
In an ideal world I would not get annoyed by what my next door neighbour is up to.

No support from the Police or the Council so we are where we are.

I am not having him dealing from my driveway, that stresses me out and stress is something I do not need at the moment.

Surely there is a UK equivalent of Crimestoppers that you can ring anonymously to report his activities?

If you and your family bombard them with this information photos etc then they surely will have to take action. it even has a 1800 number (ie free) - again, I am sure you have an equivalent:

https://crimestoppers.com.au/campaign/dob-in-a-dealer/

About Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers is Australia’s most trusted information receiving service for people wanting to share what they know about unsolved crimes and suspicious activity without having to say who they are.

We were first established in 1987 as an independent not-for-profit registered charity representing the collective eight Crime Stopper organisations operating in every state and territory in Australia.

We work closely with police, media and the community to help solve, reduce and prevent crime by collecting information and passing on those details to police and other law enforcement agencies to help keep communities and families safe.

Our efforts encourage people to share what they know, especially for cross-border crimes such as illicit drug manufacture, importation and distribution, wanted fugitives and illegal firearms.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 07:53 AM

Hi

One of the great things about this Forum is that people can make valid points without being nasty or personal and you get good advice.

Some I take, other perfectly valid points I do not.

One today was about me driving again because I am legally allowed to do so.

No offence taken at all, a very good post.

I also had a very good and very relevant post by one of the Mods.

In an ideal world I would not get annoyed by what my next door neighbour is up to.

No support from the Police or the Council so we are where we are.

I am not having him dealing from my driveway, that stresses me out and stress is something I do not need at the moment.

I am not having him making life a misery for me or others.

He is not going to be dealing drugs from my property or abusing his woman in earshot.

That is not me and I have to react.

That is my choice and the way I must go to protect my own health.

I know some think this wrong, but such is life.

I will not see women or children being abused or sold drugs so they become dependant on them.

I can cope with the criticism, but I will never change.

I will always challenge these pillocks. I will never back down
Sometimes you find yourself in a situation that’s no fault of your own where you have to take action and make a tough decision in your case ... a possible move.
It’s right it’s not fair ....I can almost hear you saying * they aren’t going to beat me* .
However you don’t it could slowly eat away at your physical and mental health.

My husband sadly past away last year I still can’t say the D word, I’ve had to make serious decisions to but I know it’s the right to do for my future.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Surely there is a UK equivalent of Crimestoppers that you can ring anonymously to report his activities?

If you and your family bombard them with this information photos etc then they surely will have to take action. it even has a 1800 number (ie free) - again, I am sure you have an equivalent:

https://crimestoppers.com.au/campaign/dob-in-a-dealer/

Hi

We do have the equivalent and the Sicial Landlords are also obliged to resole issues.

It has been reported, not just by me but a number of others.

Nothing has happened.

Here in the UK we simply no longer have the Enforcement Staff available to provide a reasonable service.

Even if we did, we have a two year wait for things to come to Court.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 08:52 AM

I think Swim is just posting his threats, of sorting out this neighbour, out of frustration because he cannot stop the way he behaves!
We have been well informed of how ill Swim is & are aware that he is probably not able to carry out these threats. Would he really put his life at risk trying to stop this neighbour?

We have probably all threatened to kill somebody who does something we don't approve of, but none of us have, so it is just a way of venting our frustration!

Swim, I remember you saying that doctors thought you probably have no more than a year to live! Perhaps your energies would be better used by proving those doctors wrong, rather than allowing this neighbour's behaviour to annoy you..... because the stress will certainly cause further damage to your heart function!

Put sound proofing on your adjoining walls and just ignore the man. It is not your job & you are certainly not able to stop his behaviour. Don't forget the more disagreements you have with this man, the more difficult it will be for Guy to live there, when the house becomes his!
After all that is why you bought that house... for Guy !
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 11:05 AM

Hi

We do have the equivalent and the Sicial Landlords are also obliged to resole issues.

It has been reported, not just by me but a number of others.

Nothing has happened.

Here in the UK we simply no longer have the Enforcement Staff available to provide a reasonable service.

Even if we did, we have a two year wait for things to come to Court.
0800 555 111 is the phone number of Crime stoppers UK. They act as an anonymising portal to dob in criminals. The service is a very effective way to get criminals brought to book. Use it because they have no shortage of "enforcement" resources.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 11:11 AM

Swims I think you should move .
Your health is important and your son can make his own decisions after you are gone .
Move and be happy .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 03:26 PM

Hi

Twink knows me so well and yes I am sounding off, that is the advantage of a forum like this, you can and it lowers your stress levels.

I have absolutely no intention of killing anyone.

I am not going to be bullied by anyone either and I am not going to move and spend thousands because of that prat.

I would have been a useless Enforcement Officer if I had backed down in the face of threats.

I am well aware of my own physical shortcomings at the moment, I have even had to buy an electric can opener.

I am still capable of dealing with him, not of breaking bones or hitting somewhere hard, that would affect me.

I would hurt myself more than him, internal bleeding.

I am not that stupid.

Skill and years of training over brute force.

I would prefer neither, to be left alone, but not my choice.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top