Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:15 AM

Re: failure to understand anger over Brexit

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Donkeyman, but is that a Garden Bridge or a Traffic Bridge.
I think he should talk to Joanna Lumley and check first before we start building it.
I don't know Longfellow?
Boris don't do detail !
It could turn out to be a tunnel ?? He seems to have a tunnel fetish ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I don't know Longfellow?
Boris don't do detail !
It could turn out to be a tunnel ?? He seems to have a tunnel fetish ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
A tunnel, (unlikely) or a bridge, might well remove that little problem of the border, the EU is pushing for, between Northern Ireland & the UK.

I think that it would be a price worth paying in order to get the UK Countries to feel that they are treated equally.

What would the EU have to dream up then?

Southern Ireland might realise that better cooperation would have been the right approach.

Cost of the Bridge - worse that HS2?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
A tunnel, (unlikely) or a bridge, might well remove that little problem of the border, the EU is pushing for, between Northern Ireland & the UK.

I think that it would be a price worth paying in order to get the UK Countries to feel that they are treated equally.

What would the EU have to dream up then?

Southern Ireland might realise that better cooperation would have been the right approach.

Cost of the Bridge - worse that HS2?

Yes Ted, due to the politics the idea f a bridge does have merit l
think?
We would have to solve the problem of the bridge landing in
Scotland first though??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes Ted, due to the politics the idea f a bridge does have merit l
think?
We would have to solve the problem of the bridge landing in
Scotland first though??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Don't forget that an independent scotland could use that bridge with a united ireland! Both countries would thank boris for his grand idea!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Don't forget that an independent scotland could use that bridge with a united ireland! Both countries would thank boris for his grand idea!
Do you think they'd be grateful when the receipt is handed over?
Never mind; I'm sure the rest of the UK would be grateful for them settling the bill too.
Add it to the rest and it's but a small drop in a large ocean of debt that independence would bring with it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Never mind; I'm sure the rest of the UK would be grateful for them settling the bill too.
Add it to the rest and it's but a small drop in a large ocean of debt that independence would bring with it.
I didn't know you believed in project fear zafod.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 01:57 PM

On second sight, you could be right!

Investors welcomed the proposals, sending Babcock's share price soaring by 28.5% to 311p each.

Babcock, which provides maintenance and support for the UK's nuclear submarines at Faslane in Scotland.

Around 850 jobs in the UK will be lost as part of the company's plan to simplify the business and reduce layers of management.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:15 PM

Was this the week the country finally accepted Brexit?

Between the vaccine rollout, the likely economic recovery and the calming of trade frictions, public perception has improved significantly

"A new poll by JL Partners for Bloomberg suggests that if there were a referendum tomorrow, 56 per cent would vote to stay out of the EU and only 44 per cent to rejoin"

"Both the OECD and IMF have recently revised up their forecasts for global and UK growth, while barely changing their numbers for the euro area."

"In short, sentiment towards Brexit has already taken a sharp turn for the better."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...cepted-brexit/
The Telegraph is subscription-only.
Can't read it?
Then either use their free trial or rely upon the bits I posted.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 04:29 PM

Was this the week the country finally accepted Brexit?

Between the vaccine rollout, the likely economic recovery and the calming of trade frictions, public perception has improved significantly

"A new poll by JL Partners for Bloomberg suggests that if there were a referendum tomorrow, 56 per cent would vote to stay out of the EU and only 44 per cent to rejoin"

"Both the OECD and IMF have recently revised up their forecasts for global and UK growth, while barely changing their numbers for the euro area."

"In short, sentiment towards Brexit has already taken a sharp turn for the better."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...cepted-brexit/
The Telegraph is subscription-only.
Can't read it?
Then either use their free trial or rely upon the bits I posted.
Oh I believe you. A people that was easily fooled in 2016 is easily rocked asleep again when their politicians tell them to.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-04-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oh I believe you. A people that was easily fooled in 2016 is easily rocked asleep again when their politicians tell them to.
Easilty fooled?
Nah, had their chance you mean and now the EU are proving it to be the right choice.
Admit it (like your German neighbours have); you wish you were us.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top