Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 03:33 PM

Re: The Sky Was Falling

OMG mom that is scary stuff! Glad you are ok and that your cars were not damaged. I recently watched Twister the 1996 movie and the US certainly has it's work cut out dealing with extreme weather in some areas but I've never seen hail the size you are holding! Certainly not in you area. Sorry about the plants. It must have also affected the prospective harvest.

There are reports on the wine and fruit harvests in France being severely damaged by -7 temperatures in April. Apparently crops are ruined as it happened just after a very warm spell. We forget how fragile our societies are when it comes to nature.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 03:39 PM

Gosh! They are big chunks!

Imagine, being bald and those chunks hitting your head. They would knock you out!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Wow! Those are huge. Glad you were OK Surfermom.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Yes, for being "The Sunshine State" we sure get our fair share - tornadoes, water spouts coming ashore, hail, lightning, floods, and hurricanes.

I didn't know about the grape harvest, Annie. I can't impinge being in a field of work (ha, pun) in which you are so dependent on nature.

Like OGF, I have been caught out in hail the size of large peas, but this would have been deadly. I sure hope the wildlife wasn't affected.

We've also been told that the forecast for hurricanes this year remains high.

Perhaps the desert is the way to go!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 05:10 PM

Yes of course the poor wildlife! I'm sure they know where to hide normally and they can sniff out a storm way before it starts, but with such mad hail even the normal hiding places are no good
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 05:41 PM

When living in Florida, the weather changes three times a day. All part of saying you live in sunny Florida.
I was there in the 60s as a teenager, moved north after having my first child, and haven't regretted it since. Most of my remaining family is in central and south Florida, so watching weather reports is a daily ritual for me, to hope they stay safe.

Glad you are fine, SM, until the next crisis.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top