Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 08:56 PM

Re: Where will WW3 start ??

Originally Posted by big ben ->
IMO I don,t think there will ever be a WW3. I think this because every 'major' country in the world has weapons that can wipe other countries off the face of the earth and because of this each of these 'major' countries will be afraid to start anything.
Of course there is the danger of places like North Korea or Iran lighting a fuse but I think even countries like this will think twice.
I don't think atomic weapons will be used at all Big Ben, as you say,
You will destroy yourself as well !!
But the big boys will use problems like Myanmar to fight each other
by using the two sides to fight with conventional weapons and
with terrorism??
WW3 will start by accident imo !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Now on the contrary I think that there's a good chance that any "next" world war is more likely to be technological.
With the disruption of the internet being the most obvious target; that would pretty quickly lead to multiple failures.

No power, no water, what travel remains would be chaotic and no communication (and that one is of course the "biggie").
You wouldn't even need a large invasion force because without communications nobody would be aware of what is going on.
You make a good case for everything to revert to manual mode
Zaphod??
It would solve the unemployment problem too !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Oh yeahl and they are going to use them for fertilizing all the crops too !!
Do you really believe. that Annie??
We get rid of all the nasty bees by poisoning them and replace them
with mini robot bees??
And why would we need to create tiny fly's to spread diseases when
we allready have a highly efficient system allready working??
The mind boggles !!

Donkeyman! 😀😀😀
It's this sort of thing :

Officially being developed for advanced healthcare :

https://interestingengineering.com/n...r-body-by-2030

British army testing nano drones?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1779495.html

"Swarming drones will change warfare"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47555588
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 11:51 PM

Anyway DM I originally read about this in a sci fi novel - the Wool trilogy. Fabulous books but now they seem to be hellbent on developing the technology.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 02:14 AM

Not sure what number war it will be, where it will start, what it will be fought with or if it happens at all as a specific event. But I know what will cause it. The same things that have caused all the others. Greed, a total disregard for anything beautiful, constructive or decent in nature and mind boggling, stupefying, gobsmacking STUPIDITY. And it will be caused by men. Unhappy, power mad, inadequate, cruel, basically stupid and mostly old men. It's about time the women took over I reckon. I think they would do a better job. I mean look at women's football. They take the game just as seriously as the men. They are every bit as skilful as the men. They play hard but they play fair. And they are a lot more brave. They don't carry on like gutless, spoiled bratty little boys on or off the field. That’s why I only watch women’s soccer. And I think women should have a go at running the world for the same reason. And if they did I really don’t think we would have to worry about World Wars at all. Sorry if any of you men feel threatened by that. Don't know why you should. I'm a regular old guy. I don't have any insecurities about my masculinity. I don't feel threatened by it in the slightest.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It will be nanoweapons, but who knows who will be the first to launch. More dangerous than an atom bomb. Tiny fly drones carrying disease. They are already designing these. Like insects and they are making them so they self replicate. The idea is that they can heal but they can also be used as weapons. That will really be the end of the world.
OMG......thats scary!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:32 AM

Why would there be a WW3.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:38 AM

It has already started - in the minds of those 'in charge'!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Not sure what number war it will be, where it will start, what it will be fought with or if it happens at all as a specific event. But I know what will cause it. The same things that have caused all the others. Greed, a total disregard for anything beautiful, constructive or decent in nature and mind boggling, stupefying, gobsmacking STUPIDITY. And it will be caused by men. Unhappy, power mad, inadequate, cruel, basically stupid and mostly old men. It's about time the women took over I reckon. I think they would do a better job. I mean look at women's football. They take the game just as seriously as the men. They are every bit as skilful as the men. They play hard but they play fair. And they are a lot more brave. They don't carry on like gutless, spoiled bratty little boys on or off the field. That’s why I only watch women’s soccer. And I think women should have a go at running the world for the same reason. And if they did I really don’t think we would have to worry about World Wars at all. Sorry if any of you men feel threatened by that. Don't know why you should. I'm a regular old guy. I don't have any insecurities about my masculinity. I don't feel threatened by it in the slightest.
Margaret Thatcher tried - and look what they did to her!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:41 AM

Handbags at dawn?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top